Stutter

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.

Stutter

Postby phesago » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:59 am

Did this shit earlier, kind of like it

What do you fine gentlemen think?

Time for updates: pro-1 x2, Xpander, 808, mopho, SEM, PolyE, Voyager, Fr-Revo x2, XS, DRM MK3, KP3x2, mf104z x2, mf105m, mf103, space/time-factor, t3, nord g1..(plus other effects/sequencers/samplers and other shit).
phesago
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: tech nine, bag of coke, an erection and a hostage

Advertisement:

Re: Stutter

Postby FrankenZappa » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:22 am

The mix and arrangement could use some lovin, but i love those sequences. My foot is tappin My head bobbin:D
FrankenZappa

Postby phesago » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:46 pm

Awesome! Thanks! Glad it's remotely pleasureable! lol

Yeah the mix could use some work, but that would require mixing, lol I try ot mix in real time as everything si playing, but sometimes fuck it up royaly. There's a few times where I didnt start the delay on time, and the level of the pro one from time to time gets out of hand. Not to mention I wish I had remembered to turn up the level of the bass drum during a specific part.... yeah anyway, :roll:
Time for updates: pro-1 x2, Xpander, 808, mopho, SEM, PolyE, Voyager, Fr-Revo x2, XS, DRM MK3, KP3x2, mf104z x2, mf105m, mf103, space/time-factor, t3, nord g1..(plus other effects/sequencers/samplers and other shit).
phesago
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby Infinity Curve » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:27 pm

Nice work. Has a very video gamey feel to it, which I dig. What did you use on this?
Infinity Curve

Gear: Juno 106, SH101, Virus TI2 Polar, Monomachine, Machinedrum, Analog Four, , MPC2500, Maschine, System 10, System 3
Band: Infinity Curve

Postby phesago » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:00 pm

Infinity Curve wrote:Nice work. Has a very video gamey feel to it, which I dig. What did you use on this?

808, XS+mf104z, Pro1 and Poly Evolver.

808 has its obvious role in the track, but it's worth mentioning that it has been the Master device in my studio forver, even when I do not use it's sounds. IDK feels good the way it's set up to everything. I screwed up not turning the bass kcik up during one part of this particualr recording. Will fix that later.

The XS is the main lead riff, which obv gets delayed from time to time. Having the 2nd ENV sync to the Accent ENV plays a neat role in a few of the patterns. I must say I've been really getting some milage out of the XS recently. The first time I owned one, I thought it was worthless because I thought it didnt play well with moogerfoogers, but having it this time, and having a better idea of what I'm doing with it, it is one of the best pieces in my studio. Yeah it sucsk not having patch storage, but making it give me the sound I want is extremely easy. Sending it through a phaser often has an extremely pleasant effect as well! Anyway, enough of the XS....

Pro One is the back drop gritty ass bassline, that during times comes out and over powers the track from time to time. Just wished I had up'd the EQ more during those moments :D Sucks the pro one has no patch memory, because I would have shit tons of sweet ass patches saved from it. Considering getting a secodn, and leaving the one I have now patched into the sound you hear in this track.

The polyEvovler can be hear din the beginning, at the end and during the middle when the delyad XS kicks in (2.53ish area). Nice grainy type of sweep-ish pad. Wish I had used it a little bit more in this version. The same patch I use for a noise-ish type loop in other tracks, just with next to no release. I tried it with this track, but it really over powered the vibe, and therefore had to cut it. The polyEvovler is one useful synth. I bought this one cheap thinking I'd flip it, but it quickly became an essential piece.

Anyway, let me know if you want more detailed information, lol :lol:
phesago
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Return to The Listening Lounge