Forgotten: Korg EMX track

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.

Forgotten: Korg EMX track

Postby acemonvw » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:21 am

A new EMX track I made, enjoy!

Watch on youtube.com
acemonvw

Advertisement:

Re: Forgotten: Korg EMX track

Postby synthroom » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:13 pm

Nice! Nice tempo and beat to it.
Fairlight IIx (Mid-Life Crisis - cheaper than a Corvette!)
Roland JP-8, D-50, S-50, S-550(2x), S-760(2x), JX-3P, JD-800
EII, Emax II, Minimoog, ARP 2600, P-5 Rev.1 (broken...), Pro-One, Crumar Performer, K1m, K5m, MS-2000B, Virus KC, a few other things.
synthroom

Gear: Fairlight IIx(!), JP-8, D-50, S-50+550, S-760, JX-3P, JD-800, EII, Emax II, Mini, ARP 2600, P-5 Rev.1, Pro-One, Performer, K1m, K5m, few other things.

Postby ned-ryarson » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:24 pm

Absolutely love it. Beautiful chords and melody. Great drums. And mix.

Do you perform out? Kind of shit I'd love watching/hearing in a pub around 9pm Fri evening, on around the 3rd drink!

Keep em coming
ned-ryarson

Postby acemonvw » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:19 pm

Thanks guys!

I actually never play out, I know... Kinda lame, but I guess I prefer the composition side, although, funny enough, I bought these synths for playing live. I haven't really found a low key place to play love at. I used to play guitar live, was in bands, but never ended up finding people I connected musically with. I remember trying to get together with one person through Craigslist, to start a electronic duo. I didn't think he was very good, but I remember after our first synth meeting that he posted a new Craigslist ad asking for a REAL musician to play with...

I should probably just do stuff solo, but most of what you're seeing is fairly polished, multiple takes... I doubt my live show would be awesome. :/
acemonvw

Postby rob_lee » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:45 pm

acemonvw wrote:A new EMX track I made, enjoy!

Watch on youtube.com

Hi, this was very enjoyable to listen to. Great all round. Love listening to this stuff. Post more :-)

Rob
rob_lee
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: The field “Gear” is too long, a maximum of 150 characters is allowed.
Band: Rob Lee

Postby clubbedtodeath » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:51 pm

Very good. Echoes of BOC, but not derivative. All done with the EMX? Any post-production?
clubbedtodeath

Postby acemonvw » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:00 pm

Thanks rob_lee and clubbedtodeath :)

This was all done using the EMX (as you can see), but there was post-production. Mostly I'm just trying to get the volume up without causing it to peak/distort (The main outputs always distort though, you can hear it through most of my songs using the EMX, not sure how to fix that, too many sounds going through the outputs, I think). I used an EQ to remove some of the lowest frequencies and some limiting and compression. I typically don't post what post-production I do, but mainly because I think people laugh at my inept skills at mastering/mixing, or whatever it would be called (I'd be sure to get: why the hell did you do that? type of comments).

Thanks again!
acemonvw

Return to The Listening Lounge