Some sound cloud offerings

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.

Some sound cloud offerings

Postby rbmusic » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:38 pm

Hi there. Im new to the forum. My name is Russell and im from the UK. i work fulltime composing for tv, promos and adverts etc. I honestly didnt know what would be the best track to post up, so in a true cowardly way, i have pinned here my SC account. There is a fair amount on here, but im quite chuffed with the most recent tracks uploaded.

so id like to say hello to one and all, and at the same time show you my wares. thanks in advance if you take a few minutes

https://soundcloud.com/russellbell
rbmusic

Gear: Virus TI2
Korg MS20 Mini
Roland D50, JP8000 Custom Whiteout
Roland Aira TR08 & TB-3
Moog Sub 37 _(on order)
Warwick Corvette Bass
Band: Russell Bell Music Ltd

Advertisement:

Re: Some sound cloud offerings

Postby georgemarauder » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:56 am

Welcome!

Nice to see another person on here into production music. Your Production Library Cues 2013 is phenomenal. That first track is insane! Really well done.

Do you have any advice for a fellow composer trying to get into production music? Share your secrets :)
georgemarauder

Postby rbmusic » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:58 am

georgemarauder wrote:Welcome!

Nice to see another person on here into production music. Your Production Library Cues 2013 is phenomenal. That first track is insane! Really well done.

Do you have any advice for a fellow composer trying to get into production music? Share your secrets :)

hey George thanks so much for listening!! and some very kind words there!! i think the biggest piece of advice would be, dont be too precious over the pure artistic side, it is a commercial environment, so listen and watch as many of the shows you would want to feature on and learn all the styles and formats. its also not a terrible idea to network with as many people as you can, and dont be afraid for a moment to show off what you do. it doesnt matter how much you might think "omg im driving everyone mad here with my music", but exposure is a tough thing to get with todays saturated market. you need to find as many creative ways to grab someones ears for 5 mins.
i have a set of blogs, so some of them might be worth a look

http://russbmusic.wordpress.com/
rbmusic

Gear: Virus TI2
Korg MS20 Mini
Roland D50, JP8000 Custom Whiteout
Roland Aira TR08 & TB-3
Moog Sub 37 _(on order)
Warwick Corvette Bass
Band: Russell Bell Music Ltd

Postby georgemarauder » Thu May 01, 2014 1:07 am

rbmusic wrote:
georgemarauder wrote:Welcome!

hey George thanks so much for listening!! and some very kind words there!! i think the biggest piece of advice would be, dont be too precious over the pure artistic side, it is a commercial environment, so listen and watch as many of the shows you would want to feature on and learn all the styles and formats. its also not a terrible idea to network with as many people as you can, and dont be afraid for a moment to show off what you do. it doesnt matter how much you might think "omg im driving everyone mad here with my music", but exposure is a tough thing to get with todays saturated market. you need to find as many creative ways to grab someones ears for 5 mins.
i have a set of blogs, so some of them might be worth a look

http://russbmusic.wordpress.com/

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out. And thanks for the tips, too!
georgemarauder

Return to The Listening Lounge