Roland S-330: open WHAT window?

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.

Roland S-330: open WHAT window?

Postby operator » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:43 pm

Does anyone know what my S-330 is trying to tell me when it displays the message "please open window!"? I have no clue what window it is talking about, and I haven't found anything in the manual that explains this. It happens when I put a disk in and try to enter certain modes... specifically the utility mode I think, but I'm fairly sure I'm using the correct disk (it says "utility disk" right on it :wink: ) Unless maybe the previous owner wrote over that disk. I have no idea. Can anyone help?
operator

Location: guelph, ontario, eunited states of soviet kanuckistan

Advertisement:

Postby Bitexion » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:30 pm

Maybe it wants you to open the window in your room to let the sunshine in? Like a friendly reminder to live more healthily?
Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Yamaha Motif XF6
Roland Gaia
Alesis Ion
Analogue Systems modular
+various assorted bits&bobs

Postby operator » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:14 pm

I considered that, honestly I did. But its really cold outside, and quite frankly if anyone needs to get out and get some sunshine more often its that lazy sampler. All it does is sit in the damn rack all the time and talks back to me when I try to make it do any work.

Seriously though, nobody knows?
operator

Location: guelph, ontario, eunited states of soviet kanuckistan

Postby Analog Freak » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:38 am

Have you tried downloading and writing a new copy of the utility disk? I have a feeling that the disk might be corrupted. I just bought a S-550 today, so I will try to see If I can replicate your problem and find a solution. Oh, and if you haven't found this yet, the S group is da bomb. http://www.generalconcepts.com/sgroup/
"All Your Synthesizers Are Belong To Us!" Literally.
Analog Freak

Return to Samplers