Access Virus Indigo

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Access Virus Indigo

Postby supercluster » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:00 pm

I was just curious what people's opinions were of this synth. I've been looking around for awhile now for reasonably priced equipment. I saw one on ebay for a pretty decent price, but ive never used it/know little about it. just curious what you folks think of this one.
supercluster

Advertisement:

Postby Computer Controlled » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:07 pm

I just got a Virus Rack, and am really pleased with it. Sounds much nicer than i had anticipated! So i'm sure the Indigo will sound even better. I've always wanted one of those!
Computer Controlled
No Longer Registered

Postby otto » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:44 pm

It's the same as the virus B rack. If you like the virus sound than you'll be happy with it. I love my indigo. The TI has some major upgrades but the difference between the B and C don't seem great enough IMO to shell out the extra dough for the C. Some people complain a bit about menu diving but you do have a lot of controls at your finger-tips. It's just a deep synth and some parameters are menu driven. I :love2: my Indigo.
hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
otto
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Postby hearttimes » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:00 am

i have the tdm software version of it which was bundled with protools. i was expecting to find it mediocre. why? maybe because it was free? maybe because it came from the protools world which is more targeted to engineers than musicians?

anyway, every time i fire it up i think it sounds great and wonder why i don't use it more often.

i posted on vse to find out if it sounded the same as the hardware versions and peopls said yes.

as much as i like the features of the ti, etc, i like the look of the classic best - when it was red. i know that shouldn't matter, but it does damn it.
hearttimes
No Longer Registered

Postby Huppo » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:37 pm

I got an Indigo a couple months ago. It's really heavy for such a little thing.

Though the vast majority of the presets are really crappy, more so than most synths in my experience, the synth sounds fantastic. I wasn't even sure what the "Virus Sound" was before I got it, but things I have made with it sound amazingly smooth and ummm..large or wide or something.

I haven't spent nearly the amount of time I want with it yet, a common problem of mine since I have a sh!tload of synths, not a whole lot of spare time and have to be in the right mood to want to deal with them. Though it's pretty knobby, there are a lot of pretty important parameters hidden in menus, which makes it slightly frustrating until I learn the menu structure and display of the thing.

Despite that limitation and the lack of aftertouch + short and sort of clunky keyboard, it's a real gem and is unlikely to ever leave the collection unless I pick up a full size TI in the future. Even then it's pretty cool to have that much power in such a small and attractive package.
~huppo

Please feel free to add me to your Foes list.
Huppo

Gear: V-synth, AN1X, Fusion 6HD, HPD10, MP-7, Micron, 50+ guitars, etc.
Band: naught

Return to General Synthesizers