Synhouse Midijack

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Synhouse Midijack

Postby otto » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:47 am

Anyone have a synhouse midijack install on their synth? I'm just curious about the reputation and quality of the product.
hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
otto
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Advertisement:

Postby dozer » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:35 pm

I've got one fitted to my Pro-One, never had any problems with it. Once fitted it's simply a matter of calibrating it which can be a bit fiddly but once that's done it should work just fine. One thing to mention though, it will require a couple of small holes and a couple of screws to be fitted into the front panel of your synth, nothing too major but worth knowing about before you buy it.
dozer

Postby Alphacode » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:22 pm

I had one in my Prodigy and it never ! ! ! ! ! worked propelly ,Synth wasgoing out of tune if you went from a c1 to c3 calibrating didn't solve the problem i had to remove it as the synth was not working propelly with it .
The guy making them is great though .He sent me a 2nd one as the first got lost in the post....
My Gear : SYNTHS : Novation Bass Station 2, Novation K-Station, Korg Ms20, Arturia Microbrute, Roland Tr8, Arturia SparkLe VST.
OTHER EQUIPEMENT : Fostex Pm1 MkII Monitors, Focusrite 18i8, Rhode NT-2

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=alphacode909
Alphacode

Postby micahjonhughes » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:55 pm

I though about having one fitted to my micromoog. I decided against it. To many people adding the midijack would make the synth less desirable, decreasing possible resale value. Secondly, you can get good midi to cv converters that do more for not much more money. The Doepfer MCV4 is a bit more expensive but can do more and is not going to hurt the synth or its value.
micahjonhughes

Postby otto » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:16 am

micahjonhughes wrote:I though about having one fitted to my micromoog. I decided against it. To many people adding the midijack would make the synth less desirable, decreasing possible resale value. Secondly, you can get good midi to cv converters that do more for not much more money. The Doepfer MCV4 is a bit more expensive but can do more and is not going to hurt the synth or its value.

Well I was considering it for a synth that doesn't even have CV/gate... However there are schematics to add CV/gate and I have a bassstation I could use as midi-cv. I'll keep kicking the idea around.
hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
otto
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Return to General Synthesizers