Ensoniq ASR10 Vs Yamaha A5000

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.

Ensoniq ASR10 Vs Yamaha A5000

Postby Psy-nox » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:11 am

[/b]Hi sampler folk,

I am requesting your opinions for your likes and dislikes between the [b]Ensoniq ASR10 and the Yamaha A4000, A5000 rack samplers along with the newer generation such as the Motif ES's.

I am asking about AD and DA converter sound quality. I pretty much know what each sampler is capable of in the way of features...so just sound quality..

what has a flatter frequency response audio converters, sound quality, what sounds clearer etc etc.

thanks[/b]
whiny twat
Psy-nox

Advertisement:

Postby desdinova » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:24 pm

The A3/4/5k have, what, a decade on the ASR-10? I think it'd be pretty safe to say that the yamaha boxes are going to be a lot truer to what you're sampling than the ASR.
Whether that's a good thing or not...
rerum concordia discors | genre: wankery
desdinova

Postby Psy-nox » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:45 pm

desdinova wrote:The A3/4/5k have, what, a decade on the ASR-10? I think it'd be pretty safe to say that the yamaha boxes are going to be a lot truer to what you're sampling than the ASR.
Whether that's a good thing or not...

Yeah, you would hope that that the Yamaha A range would be alot truer to what is being sampled but those ASR10 converters are pretty damn clear and natural. I was looking for somone that has sampled with both....but thanks for responding.

Has anyone sampled with a ASR10 and the Yamaha A4000 or 5000? give me the sound quality opinions. thanks
whiny twat
Psy-nox

Return to Samplers