Hartmann Neuron

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.

Hartmann Neuron

Postby vanitypolice » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:39 am

I just bought a the Hartmann Neuron virtual synth off ebay and I plan to use it on my intel mac. I'm quite suer this was never updated from the Power PC version. Has anyone had success with using this on an intel mac? I am hoping that, like SoundDiver and the Nord Modular virtual editor, this will still run even if it crashes from time to time.
I have found that when it comes to gear, believe the hype.
vanitypolice

Gear: XTk, Model D, Cat, MicroKorg, Voyager RME, RE-201, Logic 8, Waldorf Edition, Komplete Synths, Sylenth1, Ultra Analog VA-1, Ozone 4, red Gibson SG.
Band: Dangerous Muse

Advertisement:

Postby WDW » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:10 am

I've run it successfully on a G4 and G5, but I have not been able to get it up and running on my Core Duo.

WD
WDW

Postby WDW » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:10 am

P.S. This is a SOFTWARE topic.

WD
WDW

Postby droolmaster0 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:30 am

you might have issues. I really loved that synth, but I went back to the mac with a g5 quad, and I just couldn't get it to run consistently, and sold it. I think that there were issues with multiple core mac machines. It was released way before it was ready, and somehow I doubt that newer hardware and OS versions would help things. Good luck - if you can get it to run, it's really a unique and great sounding synth, imo.
droolmaster0

Postby vanitypolice » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:34 am

problem solved. i'm going to get a cheap pc laptop.
vanitypolice

Gear: XTk, Model D, Cat, MicroKorg, Voyager RME, RE-201, Logic 8, Waldorf Edition, Komplete Synths, Sylenth1, Ultra Analog VA-1, Ozone 4, red Gibson SG.

Postby droolmaster0 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:47 am

vanitypolice wrote:problem solved. i'm going to get a cheap pc laptop.

You should take note of the fact that the VS requires lots of processing power...

even with a pc, you might have problems - then again, you might not. I had excellent performance on mine before I changed back to mac.I think that the hartmann forum archives are available somewhere...they might be helpful should you run into issues.
droolmaster0

Postby vintagesynth » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:07 pm

Have you considered running it on a PC running on an intel mac? Via bootcamp or Parallels?
vintagesynth
Retired Admin

Postby droolmaster0 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:53 pm

vintagesynth wrote:Have you considered running it on a PC running on an intel mac? Via bootcamp or Parallels?

I have a vague recollection that could just as well be totally hallucinatory, that it didn't run under rosetta.
droolmaster0

Postby vanitypolice » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:07 am

well I can't run Windows for any purpose on my mac anyway. Because it only boots one OS at a time and I have to run logic to record...
vanitypolice

Postby Stab Frenzy » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:45 am

droolmaster0 wrote:
vintagesynth wrote:Have you considered running it on a PC running on an intel mac? Via bootcamp or Parallels?

I have a vague recollection that could just as well be totally hallucinatory, that it didn't run under rosetta.

Rosetta has nothing to do with running windows on an intel mac.
Stab Frenzy

Gear: Octatrack, Analog Four, Eurorack, Minibrute, Ultranova, many FX

Postby vanitypolice » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:47 am

but still how would i run windows and logic, can't right?
vanitypolice

Postby droolmaster0 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:17 pm

Stab Frenzy wrote:
droolmaster0 wrote:

Rosetta has nothing to do with running windows on an intel mac.

oops - true. Obviously I have a pre-intel mac and babbled misinformation. Sorry.
droolmaster0

Return to Software Synthesizers