Electrix Warp Factory Vocoder

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Electrix Warp Factory Vocoder

Postby Johnny Lenin » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:06 pm

I'm considering adding a vocoder to my rig -- for a whole lot of reasons; not all of which have much to do with robot voice sounds -- but I'm loathe to add another full keyboard. In fact, with the gear I have, there's not really much that I really want/need right now, except maybe for a DX7, CZ-3000 or DS-8. So I'm interested in a rack or module, and the Warp Factory seems to fit the bill.

Does anyone have experience with this? How intelligible is it? I'm thinking of resting it on top of my JX-8P for easy access, so how large is it? I'm looking for something affordable [a friend offered me a Novation Nova that I would certainly have enjoyed, but he wanted more than I could spend], are there other options at about the same price point [I've seen them go on eBay and Craigslist for @ $100-$150].
Johnny Lenin
Expert Member
Expert Member

Gear: JX8P | AX60 | Little Phatty Stage II | DW8000 | Vox Jag | Fantom X6 | Juno-G | P-Bass | AS-120 | Double Jet

Advertisement:

Postby space6oy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:30 pm

they work well and can be very clear. even works well with a more cluttered formant like a guitar. it's two rack spaces tall & wide and about 4" deep.
space6oy

Gear: vimpat, citalopram & vitamin D.

Postby Johnny Lenin » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:06 pm

Thanks! That's what I needed.
Johnny Lenin
Expert Member
Expert Member

Gear: JX8P | AX60 | Little Phatty Stage II | DW8000 | Vox Jag | Fantom X6 | Juno-G | P-Bass | AS-120 | Double Jet

Postby space6oy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:14 pm

no problem, glad to help :)
i'd been thinking of letting mine go to make some more space, but it's so much clearer than the one in my microkorg i've decided to hang onto it for now. guess that might be a good comparison for you.
space6oy

Gear: vimpat, citalopram & vitamin D.

Postby hageir » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:57 pm

^^
I've got the filter factory, it's nothing amazingly special, but it does it's job right :)
you shouldn't hesitate to take it with the vocoder if it's a pair..
hageir
Expert Member
Expert Member

Gear: http://www.geirhelgi.com/
https://soundcloud.com/geir-helgi
Band: Geir Helgi

Postby Johnny Lenin » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:22 am

space6oy wrote:i've decided to hang onto it for now.

Too bad for me! ;)

If there's a filterfactory alongside the vocoder, I'll definitely consider it. Right now, I don't want to eat too much into my budget for a new combo organ.
Johnny Lenin
Expert Member
Expert Member

Return to General Synthesizers