Any good demos of the ARP 16-Voice Piano / Quadra?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Any good demos of the ARP 16-Voice Piano / Quadra?

Postby WhinyLittleRunt » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:57 am

Just two boards that have always peaked my interest... does anyone have a link to a good demo? I did see one good video on YouTube of a Quadra. I have never heard anything out of the 16-voice piano. Is it anything similar to the Yamaha CP30? Because I had one of those and really liked the sound.
http://officialmikethompson.blogspot.com
gear: oberheim ob-8 | moog micromoog | moog opus 3 | yamaha s90es | yamaha dx-7 mk I | arp omni-2 | 82 rhodes mark II stage | wurlitzer 200a | hammond m-100
WhinyLittleRunt

Gear: oberheim ob-8 | moog micromoog | moog opus-3 | yamaha s90es | yamaha dx-7 mkI | arp omni-2 | 1982 rhodes mkII stage | wurlitzer 200a | hammond m-100

Advertisement:

Postby crystalmsc » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:06 am

some good demos for the Quadra.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 9 Suite, Push, Ultranova, MS-20m
crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt
Kronos,mntrb,Volcas,WD1.WDm
NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080
MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex
Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Re: Any good demos of the ARP 16-Voice Piano / Quadra?

Postby Bitexion » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:46 pm

Well, don't hold your breath. Here's the synthmuseum writeup on the 16-voice piano:

"This was Arp's ill-fated electric piano, which was introduced in 1979. Because of its poor design (the heat-sensitive Mylar insulation in its membrane switches and its noisy output), its after-sale repair costs pushed ARP furthur into debt. It features 16 preset tones, called voices, (hence the name 16-Voice) such as acoustic piano, vibes, harpsichord, harp, and electric piano. According to literature, "A 73-note standard wooden keyboard, with a specially designed and weighted maple action, faithfully reproduces the feel and response of traditional grand pianos." Velocity, however, only controls volume and not timbre. The 16-Voice consists of two separate tone generators which can be detuned to fatten up the sound, up to a quarter of a semitone. The ARP Piano also contains a six-stage stereo phase shifter, vibrato, and two solid brass piano pedals, the right controlling sustain, and the left assignable by a dual-purpose switch on the panel to be either a soft pedal (which also reduces the brightness of the sound) or a momentary vibrato peda"
Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Yamaha Motif XF6
Roland Gaia
Alesis Ion
Analogue Systems modular
+various assorted bits&bobs

Re: Any good demos of the ARP 16-Voice Piano / Quadra?

Postby WhinyLittleRunt » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:32 pm

Bitexion wrote:Well, don't hold your breath. Here's the synthmuseum writeup on the 16-voice piano:

"This was Arp's ill-fated electric piano

Oh yes I know :) I'm not really surprised that it's hard to find demos for it given the circumstance, but I figured somewhere out there some poor sap ended up buying one of these and making a few recordings before it shit the bed...

That's ok...the Quadra demos will do just fine :)
http://officialmikethompson.blogspot.com
gear: oberheim ob-8 | moog micromoog | moog opus 3 | yamaha s90es | yamaha dx-7 mk I | arp omni-2 | 82 rhodes mark II stage | wurlitzer 200a | hammond m-100
WhinyLittleRunt

Gear: oberheim ob-8 | moog micromoog | moog opus-3 | yamaha s90es | yamaha dx-7 mkI | arp omni-2 | 1982 rhodes mkII stage | wurlitzer 200a | hammond m-100

Return to General Synthesizers