Any way to control a Moog Micromoog off the OB8 arpeggiator?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Any way to control a Moog Micromoog off the OB8 arpeggiator?

Postby WhinyLittleRunt » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:53 am

It occurred to me I could probably pull off some kind of CV thing between my obie and my micromoog. Thing is, the micro (i thought) was only controllable from an outside source via s-trig, which requires a special connector. I want to sync the arpeggiator of my obie to the moog somehow. Any ideas?
http://officialmikethompson.blogspot.com
gear: oberheim ob-8 | moog micromoog | moog opus 3 | yamaha s90es | yamaha dx-7 mk I | arp omni-2 | 82 rhodes mark II stage | wurlitzer 200a | hammond m-100
WhinyLittleRunt

Gear: oberheim ob-8 | moog micromoog | moog opus-3 | yamaha s90es | yamaha dx-7 mkI | arp omni-2 | 1982 rhodes mkII stage | wurlitzer 200a | hammond m-100

Advertisement:

Re: Any way to control a Moog Micromoog off the OB8 arpeggiator?

Postby calyx93 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:21 am

Even with a retrofit to the Micro or the OB, the OB won't transmit the arpeggiated notes over MIDI. However, you can have OB sync to incoming MIDI clock with weird little something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/MIDI-syncbox-for-Ob ... 1179r12691

Of course, you could MIDI both and arpeggiate both of them from your S90ES.
“I have stretched ropes from steeple to steeple; garlands from window to window; golden chains from star to star, and I dance.” - Rimbaud
calyx93

Gear: PPG Wave 2.2, Waldorf μWave, Roland JP6+V-Synth, SCI P5+600, Moog LP-TE, E-mu EII, Emax 1+2, Kawai SX-240+K-3, Korg DW8000, Ensoniq Mirage +more

Return to General Synthesizers