Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
It occurred to me I could probably pull off some kind of CV thing between my obie and my micromoog. Thing is, the micro (i thought) was only controllable from an outside source via s-trig, which requires a special connector. I want to sync the arpeggiator of my obie to the moog somehow. Any ideas?
oberheim ob-8 | moog prodigy | moog micromoog | moog opus 3 | yamaha s90es | yamaha dx-7 mk I | arp omni-2 | linndrum | acetone fr-3 | 82 rhodes mark II stage | wurlitzer 200a | hammond m-100
- Active Member
- Posts: 369
- Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 1:41 am
- Location: CT
- Gear: oberheim ob-8 | moog micromoog | moog opus-3 | yamaha s90es | yamaha dx-7 mkI | arp omni-2 | 1982 rhodes mkII stage | wurlitzer 200a | hammond m-100
Even with a retrofit to the Micro or the OB, the OB won't transmit the arpeggiated notes over MIDI. However, you can have OB sync to incoming MIDI clock with weird little something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/MIDI-syncbox-for-Ob ... 1179r12691
Of course, you could MIDI both and arpeggiate both of them from your S90ES.
“I have stretched ropes from steeple to steeple; garlands from window to window; golden chains from star to star, and I dance.” - Rimbaud
- Active Member
- Posts: 457
- Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:48 am
- Location: Winston-Salem, NC
- Gear: PPG Wave 2.2, Waldorf μWave x3, Roland JP6+V-Synth, SCI P5+600, Ensoniq SQ-80, Kawai K-3
Return to General Synthesizers
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests