Roland JD800 Replacement keyboard

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Roland JD800 Replacement keyboard

Postby Syn the Sizer » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:02 am

Hi Guys,just wondered if anyone knows which other Older Roland Keyboard Models feature the same Keybeds as the JD800.(i mean the whole metal chassis and Circuitry/Fuji Cards not just keys)I was aware that The D70 may have the same keybeds but its a 76 note model.its not the keybed itself but the flexi green circuit strip I'm after which need to be a 61 note version.

Basically my JD Keybed has developed a serious fault with the circuit strip under the keys,which I cannot remedy so it means i have to replace the whole Keybed as Roland Changed the keybeds on the JD800 part way through its production run,and the serial Number model I have features the older Version,to which there are no longer any spares according to Roland.so it has to be a costly job to buy all the needed parts for the newer version,as Roland want almost £150 for all the parts+Vat

I would contemplate purchasing a second JD and keep mine for spares,or would possibly Buy a spares/Repairs JD,but prices seem to be still demandingly high for the JD these days,Just wondered if any other models have the same Keybeds that I could perhaps pick up at a smaller price....
Any help would be greatly received..
Syn the Sizer

Advertisement:

Re: Roland JD800 Replacement keyboard

Postby Z » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:40 am

I wondered that myself, but could never get an answer from anyone. People at Roland US are ignorant regarding their vintage equipment.

I ended up purchasing a new keybard from them last year for around $250 shipped. Nice to have aftertouch again!
Z
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Bubble wrap, Styrofoam, boxes, packing tape

Postby Maschinengeist » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:28 am

Right off the bat, I ignore the answer. In fact, I never checked. I'm rather taken up these days. So I fear I won't be able to check this anytime soon.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
MuzikElektronix.com
Music electronics repair & More
Help? See TechZone
Parts? email!
Service Manuals?+/-2000 documents!
Sorry, they aren't free
Now on FACEBOOK: "Muzik Elektronix"
Maschinengeist
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Multimeter
Frequency Counter
Oscilloscope
Signal Generator
Logic Probe
and more stuff
Band: Cybernetik

Postby cornutt » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:53 pm

There used to be a mod available for the JD-800 where you could add a trim pot to adjust the aftertouch sensitivity, and thereby restore the aftertouch function (assuming loss of sensitivity is all that's wrong with it). Gwydion Elderwyn used to have it on his Web pages, but those are all dead now. I'm trying to track down a copy of it.
Switches, knobs, buttons, LEDs, LCD screens, monitors, keys, mice, jacks, sockets. Now two joysticks!
cornutt

Gear: 6th

Return to HELP!