Gear Trading Thread

Post ads for sale. Synthesizers, samplers, drum machines, software, live sound & recording, DJ gear, etc.
Forum rules
READ: Gear For Sale Rules and Guidelines | FOR SALE posting template

Moderators have the right to edit your posts to keep them within the framework of these rules.

Gear Trading Thread

Postby novielo » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:34 am

I've been thinking about this for some times now.

what about a sticky only for stuff to trade?
wouldn't be nice to have trade only for this purpose? this way these posts won't vanish under the regular "for sale" thread.

by trade i'm talking about relatively cheap consumer stuff that you have in your place that gather dust. something you can't sale because of it's low value or because it's just boring items. but that could be useful for somebody else.

- it should be only trades, no money involved.
which means both party pay for the shipping of the stuff they got in hands.

- edit the post you offered an item to say that it's gone.
this way it won't be a total mess 2 pages away the original post
-Save yourself the time and have a conversation with a plastic chair. -RobotHeroes
novielo

Location: by the river, st-jerome, quebec, canada, north america
Gear: in order of appearence:
sh2000 s612 nord modular mpc1000 kp3 ms-something cp-251 gameboy s6000 and other crappy stuff
Band: one-man band

Advertisement:

Re: The trading thread ?

Postby blitzdj86 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:48 am

I think having an entire trade section would be a good idea, rather than just a single thread

if you post in buy, you miss out on people looking to get rid of their something.
If you post in sell, you miss out on people looking to get one of your somethings.

Where would the traders thread even go if such a thing was stickied? It doesnt belong in buyers or sellers!

I dont think 'no money involved' would be very useful... how much gear do you own at any point in time that you would be willing to trade off? It'd be like not being able to get something unless you had the correct change.
Last edited by blitzdj86 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
blitzdj86

Gear: Modified DR-110, ES-1 Mk2, KP3, Various Pedals, MG82CX mixer.

Postby novielo » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:48 am

I'll start:

- HP E-pc, 700 mhz 256mg RAM. it worth nothing but got printer port, serial port, usb 1.1, cd-rom, ethernet. may be useful to edit sampler or as a midi machine or browse the net. the hdd seems to not lba, i don't know what it is, nor how to fix this.

- yamaha tx81z. nobody wants this, i'm trying to unload it for ages. but if you need an fm synth. this is your thing. just not grainy enough for me.

i'm looking for effects. almost what ever they are, shitty, noisy, fuzzy.
-Save yourself the time and have a conversation with a plastic chair. -RobotHeroes
novielo

sh2000 s612 nord modular mpc1000 kp3 ms-something cp-251 gameboy s6000 and other crappy stuff

Postby novielo » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:55 am

blitzdj86 wrote:I dont think 'no money involved' would be very useful... how much gear do you own at any point in time that you would be willing to trade off? It'd be like not being able to get something unless you had the correct change.

you're right but if something can be needed to somebody else, why not. at these prices, close to nothing.
i see it more like "lets unload something" to try something else for vey little money. i've seen this in a single speed bike forum. it was very useful for al kind of things that can be laying around. i was more then happy to trade brake pads to get the cog i was looking for.
novielo

Postby blitzdj86 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:01 am

it might be useful in those cases, but it also blocks people out of doing other trades,

eg, I want to get rid of my blofeld, and I'd like any one of a number of options - not all of them of even near equal value. I'm not willing to throw half the blofeld's value away though, so it means for some reason I am not able to use the trade thred.. Simply I see no reason to limit it to 'no money'. People should just decide when they post the trade, whether they will say 'equal value' or 'no money between necessary' or whatever!

Also, I still think having a separate section is a better idea than having a single sticky thread... It's not like an extra section is going to cost extra money or anything, and it will be much easier to sort through - rather than having to page through a list of hundreds of pages of "*edit* trade completed" posts.
blitzdj86

Postby novielo » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:12 am

i don't want to have everything that could be traded in this thread.

i understand that a blofeld is hell more valuable then a tx81z and that's why i said of relatively low money. i would exchange it for a guitar pedal or something. i don't think you would be happy to have somebody offering you a pile of wire to get a 50$ discount on a blofeld ;-)

one thread would be usefull because you could have an auto response to your email when something show up.
the no money involved is because these bits of equipment worth almost nothing, why send 5$ to ship a guitar pedal?
sort of a "pass the next one".
novielo

Postby plikestechno » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:56 am

I love the send something, get something concept so I'll get the ball rolling. I am in Canada. North American trades only please.

With a modular I recently acquired having a sound to it that I really like, some analog monosynths I have are feeling a little redundant and some other tradeable things. I may regret it eventually and should keep these things but I want some other things. These are for trade only at the moment. All items in full working condition.

-E-Mu Vintage Keys 2003 keyboard (rare 61 key version of Vintage Pro rack module)
-Univox SR55
-Roland TR-707
-Roland M-VS Vintage Synth module
-Roland R-8m (no cards though)
-Korg Microkorg

Below are things that I would like. I won't accept a trade for anything other than what's below. Straight across preferred for the most but may have to be multiple items or cash either way. We all know what things are worth on the used market. It's not that hard to figure out. I don't care if something's a little dinged up or worn but it must be fully functional. In no particular order of preference...

-Roland MKS-80 (rev. 4 preffered but will take a rev.5)
-Roland JD-990
-Roland VP-550
-Korg Polysix (problem free only, please)
-Crumar Bit 01 rack (fully working only, please)
-Nord Modular G1 (rack or keys) or G2 (engine only)
-Flame Echometer, Clockwork
-Future Retro Mobius sequencer
-Waldorf Q Rack or Microwave 1
-Sidstation (possibly other DIY versions as well)
-Prophet 08 Rack
-Doepfer MAQ 16/3 sequencer
-Metasonix TS 22
-Oberheim Xpander or Matrix 1000 (black face)
-modules (esp. oscillators, filters, wave multipliers and cv effect modules. lemme know which ones. preferably hz/volt)
-Soundcraft Spirit Pro Tracker 8-ch rack mixer (I have one, I want more)

My most wanted synth at the moment is an Oberheim Xpander (US made preferred) to make that happen I may be willing to part with my Octave Cat SRM or Pearl Syncussion but only towards the Xpander. Not anything else.
Last edited by plikestechno on Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Serge/ModcanA/Frac/MOTM Modular/Blippoo Box/Andromeda/Jupe6Eur/OctaveCatSRM/CZ1/SEIV/Pro Soloist/Korg770/Juno60/MultimanS/Minibrute/Microbrute/Anamono/Little Deformer/Integra7/MicrowaveXT/Syncussion/FS1R/Weevil2012/Microkorg/Xoxio/MC202/JD990/MKS50/TX816.
plikestechno

Gear: Lots. See sig.

Postby taskoni » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:30 pm

novielo wrote:i don't want to have everything that could be traded in this thread.

i understand that a blofeld is hell more valuable then a tx81z and that's why i said of relatively low money. i would exchange it for a guitar pedal or something. i don't think you would be happy to have somebody offering you a pile of wire to get a 50$ discount on a blofeld ;-)

one thread would be usefull because you could have an auto response to your email when something show up.
the no money involved is because these bits of equipment worth almost nothing, why send 5$ to ship a guitar pedal?
sort of a "pass the next one".

I guess I can drop my opinion here... I think this thread is a great idea - how many among us have stuff laying around and not thinking about the value want to exchange it for something else. Sometimes the value doesn't mean a thing - I et all of us bought something in the pas and payed a lot more than its actual prize just to have it... My two cents only.

BTW, I would love to have your TX81Z but I can give you at the moment only an Yamaha FC-9 volume pedal for it (gigged three-four times only). And because I am in Europe and the shipping cost will be more expensive from your side I can add a MIDI Solution router to the trade. You game?
B.
taskoni

Gear: Fun cost money - how hard you want to laugh

Postby LucB » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:18 pm

Great idea, which to no surprise comes from a Quebecers (vouching for my own nation, i know)!

I'd have for trade :

Elka Rhapsody 610 - working but needs new sliders (what an amazing string sound really!)
Elka Rhapsody 490 - non-working.

Also available, but only if you'd have a Korg Delta or something very interesting:

Yamaha CS-5
Eko K2 bass pedals - works but doesn't like being tweaked AFTER being tuned (italian prick).
Roland TR-505

Looking for: combo organs, string machines, mono-synths, poly-synths.
LucB
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Yamaha SK-20
Yamaha CS-15D
Crumar Organizer 2
Eko K2 + FM4 + Rotomachine
Band: Mountains Unfold

Postby blitzdj86 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:24 pm

someone give me an evolver for my blofeld (with sample upgrade)!

I'll also accept

radias rack
FR Revolution

there is another korg rack synth somewhat like a radias but not so good that id be interested in but i cant mention it here because it might need money between to even the values out. Also those korg groovebox type things come to mind too. Xiosynth25. MicrokorgXL. Handbags. Mexican pharmaceuticals. Erectile dysfunction treatment.
Last edited by blitzdj86 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
blitzdj86

Postby novielo » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:45 pm

- HP E-pc, 700 mhz 256mg RAM. it worth nothing but got printer port, serial port, usb 1.1, cd-rom, ethernet. may be useful to edit sampler or as a midi machine or browse the net. the hdd seems to not lba, i don't know what it is, nor how to fix this. i can install ubuntu on it if you wish.

- yamaha tx81z. nobody wants this, i'm trying to unload it for ages. but if you need an fm synth. this is your thing. just not grainy enough for me.

- mpc1000 original pad assembly. 5 pads are useless but if anybody needs the other ones to repair their own mpc1000.

i'm looking for effects. almost what ever they are, shitty, noisy, fuzzy.
novielo

Postby JMP » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:59 pm

OK, it's a sticky for now and will see how it goes. However, can you please sort out your trades via PM's rather than clog up this thread with endless deal sorting banter... Ta.

Happy trading. :D
JMP
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: EMU Emulator II, ESI 4000, Roland XP30 & JP8000.

Re: Gear Trading Thread

Postby nadafarms » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:05 am

Currently for trade:

SE-1
Peavey Valverb tube reverb/trem
monomachine
sherman filterbank1
future retro mobius
ms-20 good filter version, not sure if I'm trading yet. :D
freebase 303 clone

only looking for small stuff, maybe a machinedrum, acidlab miami...

PM me :wink:
for sale/trade: EML-101
nadafarms
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby space6oy » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:28 am

stuff i'd be open to trading...

synths

sammichSID that powers up but doesn't run, assembled it but never got it working
korg mono/poly w/ a freaking tank of a hard case built specifically for it
TI speak & read
roland EP-09 analog piano (arpeggio mode switch's shaft is broken off. still functions.)
MAM MB33 mkII
MAM VF-11 vocoder

modules

doepfer a120 lowpass
doepfer a124 wasp multimode
malekko boogie lowpass
hexVCA
a135 mixer & a144 morph controller
pittsburgh delay
FX6
dixie
sound of shadows

drum machines

linndrum
jomox xbase09 toktok SE

effects

EHX stereo clone theory
whole bunch of behringers
rogue distortion, delay, chorus
deluxe memory man
EHX LPB1
yamaha magistomp
alesis philtre, ampliton, ineko
arion octave pedal
korg KP3
line 6 DL4 delay / loop
EHX V256
EHX voicebox
rocktron banshee talkbox (yes i will run the tube through the dishwasher...)
boss CS-3 compressor
boss NS-2 noise suppressor
MAM EQ2
MAM warp9 analog filter
MAM CF1 chorus/flanger
presonus bluetube dual preamp

off the top of my head, things i know i'd be tempted by...

old tube amps
jaguar
echoplex
4ms, intellijel, make noise and pittsburgh modules
DSI tempest
boss CE-1 chorus
sequential circuits pro one
korg SE-500
boss RC-50 or RC-300
UREI 565T filter
mobius, orb, other sequencers
drumtraks
RZ-1
DX or DMX
DX-7

i'm in columbus, ohio, usa but am ok w/ shipping worldwide on gear that's not too large. (ie i will definitely not ship the mono/poly internationally. sorry.)
:ugeek:

last updated 9/28/2012
Last edited by space6oy on Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:37 pm, edited 20 times in total.
space6oy

Gear: vimpat, citalopram & vitamin D.

Postby gnasher » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:59 am

I'm new here and I think this a great thread. Being only 16 (and lacking money), it's not always practical for me to have to spend money to get things I'd like. It's much better to trade the things I never use. I'm going to create a list over the weekend of things I've got to trade.

Oh and just a quick idea: I'm in the UK and I know that alot of you guys are across the pond. So...how about putting details about international shipping in your posts. As I say, just an idea :D
The music does not exist to serve us. We exist to serve the music.
gnasher

Gear: Alesis Quadrasynth
Yamaha DGX220
CME UF60
Korg EA-1
Various Effects Pedals

Next

Return to Gear For Sale