Crumar Spirit & Midijack Synhouse

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Crumar Spirit & Midijack Synhouse

Postby majkemi » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:48 am

Can anybody confirm that this combination works ? I recently bought a beautiful Crumar Spirit, it does not have a CV, it has only GATE so i suppose there are two options. Installing a CV for use with midi to CV/gate converters like doepfer MCV4 or installing a midi retrofit like Synhouse midijack. I contacted Synhouse and they believe it should work but they cannot confirm. So, any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Moog 55 System modular,Jupiter8,Prophet5,Elka Synthex,MemoryMoog+,MiniMoog, Moog RME,OBXa,Xpander,PPG 2.0,VP330,Emulator II,MKS80/MPG80,Yamaha DX5,Macbeth M3X
majkemi

Gear: see my signature

Advertisement:

Re: Crumar Spirit & Midijack Synhouse

Postby nadafarms » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:54 am

DO NOT SCREW UP YOUR SPIRIT! I have talked to many techs who refuse to use the synhouse because half the time they don't work even if you install them properly. They are the cheapest funkiest ones out there, see if you can get kenton or encore... I dunno anything but synhouse and the spirit is such a beautiful synth don't go drilling holes that beauty!
for sale/trade: EML-101
nadafarms
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby schmidtc » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:23 am

nadafarms wrote:DO NOT SCREW UP YOUR SPIRIT! I have talked to many techs who refuse to use the synhouse because half the time they don't work even if you install them properly. They are the cheapest funkiest ones out there, see if you can get kenton or encore... I dunno anything but synhouse and the spirit is such a beautiful synth don't go drilling holes that beauty!

I second that, also Synhouse are jerks by email, nail in the coffin.
schmidtc

Postby majkemi » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:04 pm

Thank you guys, is there any other option ? Kenton and Encore are not manufacturing midi retrofits for Spirit. Should my tech install C/V rather than some home made midi ?
Moog 55 System modular,Jupiter8,Prophet5,Elka Synthex,MemoryMoog+,MiniMoog, Moog RME,OBXa,Xpander,PPG 2.0,VP330,Emulator II,MKS80/MPG80,Yamaha DX5,Macbeth M3X
majkemi

Gear: see my signature

Return to HELP!