Novation Super Bass Station CV/Gate Help

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Novation Super Bass Station CV/Gate Help

Postby sqweebking » Sun May 02, 2010 5:43 pm

I cant seem to track down the manual for a Super Bass Station and it appears the CV/Gate converter operates slightly different from the Bass Station. Does anybody have any knowledge of how it works. I'm trying to transmit midi clock to the Clock output of the SBS and cant seem to get it to work right. Ive tried changing the CV type to '00' and '02' as im trying to output clock to my SH-101 or MC-202. I am able to go into the midi clock menu and sync TS to LFO1 which I then sync to the midi clock coming in from my Evolver. This seems to work as a workaround, but does anyone have a definitive literature on how the CV/Gate converter section of the SBS is supposed to work?
sqweebking

Gear: Roland, Moog, Yamaha, Korg, Novation, etc.
Band: Synthatik

Advertisement:

Re: Novation Super Bass Station CV/Gate Help

Postby THEODICY » Tue May 04, 2010 8:03 pm

I've found the manual online recently and have both the CV/gate and clock out controlling my gear. I think you are looking in the wrong utility menu for starters if you are trying to use the clock out. I can't recall from memory excatly how things need to be set. Dig deeper, the manual is out there. I even think I got it directly off the novation website.
THEODICY

Postby sqweebking » Tue May 04, 2010 8:39 pm

I was in the wrong menu because the menu for cv control only has 2 options both of which didn't seem to work for me. Thanks though at least I know the manual is out there somewhere I'll keep digging,thanks.
sqweebking

Postby THEODICY » Tue May 04, 2010 9:24 pm

I believe this is where I got the manual:
http://www.retrevo.com/support/Novation ... bh338/t/2/

My previous info was from memory, it's probably wrong, but the manual explains everything.
THEODICY

Postby sqweebking » Tue May 04, 2010 9:47 pm

Thank you that clears things up, it looks like I was in the right menu because the clock or trigger output is setup via the midi/clock menu. Unfortunately this section doesn't work as I had hoped. Apparently in order to sync midi clock and he trigger out you do have to sync LFO1 to midi clock and then tS (trigger sync) to LFO1. This works until you press stop on the midi clock source and the LFO1 in the SBS is still going and outputing a trigger signal. Oh well it least I know now that's how it's supposed to work. Thanks for your help.
sqweebking

Postby THEODICY » Tue May 04, 2010 11:46 pm

Right, that's where I got mixed up. You set the rate in the LFO menu BUT you can sync it to either LFO or the ARP. I know what you mean with the free rate lfo problem. I haven't dug deep enough to see if there is a retrigger for the lfo to start on the same phase every time. Maybe that's where we should use the ARP instead. I've just been doing studio work so I just start/stop it till it's right to my ears and tweak synths live.
THEODICY

Return to HELP!