Spectral Audio Neptune II

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.

Spectral Audio Neptune II

Postby computron » Sun May 16, 2010 8:24 am

I have just became aware of this rack unit .From the you tube vids I have seen and auido samples it seems to have some sweet sweet sounds.Anyone have any exp. with the neptune ll ? pro's ? con's ?
Living the Electro Life
computron

Band: Computron

Advertisement:

Re: Spectral Audio Neptune II

Postby stikygum » Thu May 20, 2010 6:19 am

Seems more like an aggro techy Moog like synth. Sounds pretty good and is a great price. I wouldn't hesitate on it. I think there was some sort of a midi issue, but I believe it was addressed or there is a tweak to it you can get it to work better. Do a search on this synth, I think it was discussed more in depth, pros vs cons.
"MTV's gaudy overexuberance contributed to the trivialization of the one thing it had been initiated to support, music" - Rik Millhouse
stikygum

Postby computron » Thu May 20, 2010 8:31 am

stikygum wrote:Seems more like an aggro techy Moog like synth. Sounds pretty good and is a great price. I wouldn't hesitate on it. I think there was some sort of a midi issue, but I believe it was addressed or there is a tweak to it you can get it to work better. Do a search on this synth, I think it was discussed more in depth, pros vs cons.

Big thanks stikygum I didnt even think to use the vse search.Funnny how that can happen sometimes I almost forget that it is there.Yea I like what others have said about it.I dig the neptune ll's sound and now I have the asking price range.Aparently there is a MOD inthe manual to add Pulse With Modulation as it came with none and other mods such as Additional manual change possibilities (described in the Service manual) :

* Osc3 Sync with Osc1 or Osc2
* Even faster Envelopes
* Increase tune range for Osc1..Osc3
* Additional signal inputs and outputs (i.e. to work with your modular system i.e.)
* General in/outputs of Oscillators, Envelopes, Filter, Ringmodulator, ...

very cool synth I like and agree with others it has a vintage vibe going on in its sound
Last edited by computron on Thu May 20, 2010 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Living the Electro Life
computron

Band: Computron

Postby stikygum » Thu May 20, 2010 9:50 am

Maybe I'm thinking of the Kraftzwerg, but I thought it also had a midi lag on it. I'm wondering why SA didn't just do the mods themselves (minus the ins and outs to still keep cost down). But a pretty flexible synth I think.
"MTV's gaudy overexuberance contributed to the trivialization of the one thing it had been initiated to support, music" - Rik Millhouse
stikygum

Return to Buyer's Guide