Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V Beta

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.

Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V Beta

Postby Hybrid88 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:02 pm

Not sure if this is been posted yet, but I saw a screenshot of the new beta of Waldorf's PPG Wave 3.V in CM mag. Looks nice, got a waveterm emulation and all the original PPG waveterm sample set and a new FX section sounds cool.

http://www.waldorfmusic.de/en/news#195

From the Waldorf site;
PPG Wave 3.V Beta test has just begun
19/07/2010: The new Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V is now in beta test stage. Busy testers will put the plug-in through its paces. We are very proud that one of our testers is mastermind Wolfgang Palm himself who invented the PPG Synthesizers in the 1970s. Here are some secret facts: Besides the well-known features of the PPG Wave 2.V our new plug-in offers sample playback based on the classic PPG Waveterm technology. We have added some nice stuff like an opulent effects section, filter drive as well as an extensive sound browser. Not enough? Well, what would you say if we added the complete Waveterm B sample library and more than 130 wavetables (a lot of new stuff created by Wolfgang Palm). We can't wait until the PPG Wave 3.V will come to the retail shops this summer.
Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: V-Synth, and other stuff.

Advertisement:

Re: Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V Beta

Postby john909kid » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:35 am

That's cool!!! Really looking forward to this one :D
Im a MASSIVE Tangerine Dream fan and love all the PPG stuff on Exit, Logos, Hyperborea, White Eagle and Poland and I have a Waldorf Microwave 1 to cover those PPG type sounds.
Just wondering if this plug will get closer to the actual PPG sound than the Microwave, seeing as the plug-in is an actual PPG emulation where as the MW isn't..?
john909kid
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby crystalmsc » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:26 am

Wonderful! So excited about this.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 9 Suite, Push, Ultranova, MS-20m
crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt
Kronos,mntrb,Volcas,WD1.WDm
NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080
MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex
Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Postby mao » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:58 pm

Waiting for the new beast... anyway I think I will not sell my Microwave I rev A for this.
mao

Gear: Andromeda - Voyager RME - VSynth XT - MonoEvolverKeyboard - NordRack2X - EX-8000 - Waldorf Microwave - Machinedrum - Monomachine

Postby john909kid » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:03 pm

mao wrote:Waiting for the new beast... anyway I think I will not sell my Microwave I rev A for this.

That's what I "may" be thinking of...... not sure yet though.

Would really love a PPG 2.2/2.3 but can't afford one, so got a MW Mk1 instead.
So which out of the new plug-in or the MW will be closest to the real HARDWARE sound of the PPG 2.3.... :?:
john909kid
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby Solderman » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:17 am

I've been using Hermann Seib's Wave 2.2 emulation for a while, and aside from some stuck notes, and the fact that the stereo balance knob doesn't work in Ableton Live, I think it's a rather faithful one. Not at all friendly for editing, though.

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analogue. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." - Brian Eno
Solderman
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: μbrute, Kraftzwerg I, Поливокс(mod), SEM Pro, SH101(mod), TR606(mod), TB303, α Juno, Virus b

Postby nvbrkr » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:37 pm

I've been using it too. I like it for its sound, but It's terrible for editing (even changing patches is cumbersome with the GUI). Hopefully there will be a version that is less faithful to the original in that respect.
nvbrkr

Gear: An electric piano and analog synths.

Postby crystalmsc » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:04 pm

Holger Steinbrink from Waldorf mentioned that the PPG Wave 3.V manual is already finalized and going to be available as download version. The web site is also got a fresh new look. I specially like the archive section with all those nice photographs.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 9 Suite, Push, Ultranova, MS-20m
crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt
Kronos,mntrb,Volcas,WD1.WDm
NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080
MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex
Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline