Proteus 2000 ROM Question

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Proteus 2000 ROM Question

Postby Clem » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:01 am

I'm primarily a guitar player but I bought a Proteus 2000 module a few years ago to do some home recording. The module has the standard Composer ROM and it also has the Vintage (Keys) Collection ROM.

I would like to sell the module but I am having trouble finding any info on the price of this unit with the Vintage Collection ROM. In fact, I can't find much, if anything, on current used prices for just the VK ROM itself!

Either this ROM is very rare or it is of no interest or value. Personally, I think some of the sounds are amazing considering the age of the technology.

Does anyone have any idea what the module with the VK ROM might be worth? Or what the Vintage ROM itself is worth?

Any help/info is greatly appreciated.

(Btw - Apologies if I posted this in the wrong area of the forum.)
Clem

Advertisement:

Re: Proteus 2000 ROM Question

Postby cartesia » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:14 am

Sell the vintage keys rom separately.

Just check out ebay for prices,
I haven't looked in a while but would guess you should start the price somewhere between 100 and 140 for both the p2000 and the vintage keys rom.
cartesia
Expert Member
Expert Member

Gear: Octatrack
Bass Station 2
Band: TBA

Postby gordwiebe » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:17 am

I think you could get about $150 for the proteus 2000 with composer ROM (try local before ebay for this one - ebay is flooded with these).

And the vintage ROM (much rarer, and better) alone goes on ebay for between 2-300.
Crazy, but that's what some people are willing to pay.

I think the whole package together could sell locally (not sure if there is a market where you are) or on ebay for about $350-400 easily.
gordwiebe

Gear: motif ES rack +cards, alesis fusion, E-MU PX7 + cards, siel MONO

Postby Crawling Wind » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:33 pm

You should definitely sell the Vintage ROM as a separate item. The P2K yahoo list would be a good place to list it. That ROM is one of the ones people are looking for.
Crawling Wind

Postby Clem » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:53 am

Thanks for all your replies and suggestions. I will check out the P2K Yahoo group and see what info they can provide as well.

Thanks again...
Clem

Return to General Synthesizers