NEW TO SYNTH! PaiA FatMan - Drum machine - Keyboard

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.

NEW TO SYNTH! PaiA FatMan - Drum machine - Keyboard

Postby lilbuzjr » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:02 am

Hi - I'm new here. Lilbuzjr.
I am also new to the world of synth.
I have been interested in getting a PaiA fatman for years (very much like electronics and DIY) but hadn't had the money or anything to use with it.
I recently got a midi keyboard, so i will be buying one and putting it together soon.
I just don't know what else to get. I want a drum machine so i can basically get everything going at once, but I don't have much money for one.
I want something that will work like a drum machine and play loops (prefer that it lets me make loops not load them on) and i want it to be able to play different sets, maybe even at once.
I really havn't checked out too much for drum machines.
If someone can point me in the right direction that would be great. Maybe you could clarify the mess in my brain (if you ask me questions about what i want, i think i could answer rather than try to explain.
Thanks in advance for the help.
lilbuzjr

Advertisement:

Re: NEW TO SYNTH! PaiA FatMan - Drum machine - Keyboard

Postby smoothcriminal » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:17 am

I assume you'll be running this setup into a laptop since there's no sequencer on the fatman, so why not look into software drum machines?
smoothcriminal

Postby lilbuzjr » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:25 am

I might end up putting it through to a laptop, or media pc - But i like the live music playing, and as for software, i like knobs and buttons. idk why, but yeah.
lilbuzjr

Postby smoothcriminal » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:28 am

In that case I'm gonna say MFB-522, just because I think it would compliment the Fatman for some reason
smoothcriminal

Postby lilbuzjr » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:50 am

Anything Digital?
I'm looking at the MPC500 and the DR-880, i just dont have $500 to drop right now.
Anything like that for a lower price range?
lilbuzjr

Postby lilbuzjr » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:00 am

Otherwise - if i go analog (which is appealing, just not convenient) is there something cheap i can get that will take multiple inputs and let me loop, and do all sorts of stuff with? besides a computer.
lilbuzjr

Return to Buyer's Guide