YAMAHA AN200 control

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

YAMAHA AN200 control

Postby oneofthegooddays » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:40 pm

Hello,

Anyone who has an200, could you please tell what are the sound parameters that can only be edited via editor software? I have an1x and thought groovy box would be a nice addition to my setup (I might just buy another an1x).

Also, is the step seq similar to the one on an1x? Are the drum sounds tweakable?

-Erkki
oneofthegooddays

Gear: Shiny stone

Advertisement:

Re: YAMAHA AN200 control

Postby meatballfulton » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:06 pm

oneofthegooddays wrote:Anyone who has an200, could you please tell what are the sound parameters that can only be edited via editor software?

Anything that is not seen on the front panel is inaccessible. LFO2, PEG, arpeggiator, osc FM, osc detuning, ring mod, controller matrix, HPF, filter feedback, velocity for filter and amp, etc.

Also, is the step seq similar to the one on an1x?

Somewhat, although it is programmed x0x style. It allows much longer gate times, enough to hold one note for an entire 16 steps. It does not support the extra bank of user sequences.

Are the drum sounds tweakable?

No.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Motif XF6, Evolver, Moog Voyager (FS), Live 9

Postby StepLogik » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:51 pm

the AN200 is a weird animal but the AN1x guts really sound good. One of the most underrated VA's imo.
StepLogik
Expert Member
Expert Member

Gear: Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Vorpal Sword, Chain Mail +3, Ring of Invisibility, Staff of the Magi, Boots of Speed

Postby Snarecrash » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:38 pm

meatballfulton wrote:
oneofthegooddays wrote:Anyone who has an200, could you please tell what are the sound parameters that can only be edited via editor software?

Anything that is not seen on the front panel is inaccessible. LFO2, PEG, arpeggiator, osc FM, osc detuning, ring mod, controller matrix, HPF, filter feedback, velocity for filter and amp, etc.

That is the main reason why i sold the thing. Sorry, never mind, but i had to say this.
Snarecrash

Return to General Synthesizers