Patch editor for BOSS VF-1 now available!

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.

Patch editor for BOSS VF-1 now available!

Postby Ry-Fi » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:39 am

Hey gang,

If any of you are rockin' the BOSS VF-1 multi-effects unit and running Windows, I suggest you head on over to VF-1 Editor and check out the patch editor I've written! 8-)

I've had a few people testing it for me but it's just now getting exposed to the masses, so there could still be some bugs/issues. If that's the case, I apologize, but let me know and I'll get 'em sorted out as quick as I can.

I hope you enjoy it, and have fun!

Ryan
Last edited by Ry-Fi on Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ry-Fi
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Ion, MKS-30, MKS-50, SQ-1+ 32-voice, TX81Z

Advertisement:

Re: Patch editor for BOSS VF-1 now available!

Postby tallowwaters » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:43 am

Vouching for Ryan - this thing is dogs balls, bees knees, and Regina Spector's rectums. A very cool software editor for something that really needed it.
Brains can be used like a "stress ball," but only once.
tallowwaters

Gear: synesthesia, venereal disease, obsessive compulsive disorder, manic depressive disorder, and sensitive skin.

Postby monolith » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:16 am

Nice work dude.. I've been thinking of getting a VF-1 and this makes the decision easier.

tallowwaters wrote:Vouching for Ryan - this thing is dogs balls, bees knees, and Regina Spector's rectums. A very cool software editor for something that really needed it.

She has big sexy horse teeth :giveheart:
monolith
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Ry-Fi » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:48 am

tallowwaters wrote:this thing is dogs balls, bees knees, and Regina Spector's rectums.

*sniff* That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me... :lol:

Thanks Tallow!!
Ry-Fi
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby pricklyrobot » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:33 pm

+1

Awesome editor for an awesome effects unit, made by a nice guy who figures out the answers to your dumb questions. What more could you ask for? :thumbright:

Go download it now. And don't forget to hit that donate button, buy this man a beer or twelve.
Nord Mod G1 -- Arturia MiniBrute -- Sammich SID -- E-mu MP-7 -- Roland V-Synth, JV-1080 -- Korg ER-1 -- Thingamagoop -- 8 modules (and counting) o' Eurocrack
pricklyrobot
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Postby tallowwaters » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:14 pm

After this gets some more more views I'll sticky it. (I think people miss stickies sometimes...)
tallowwaters

Gear: synesthesia, venereal disease, obsessive compulsive disorder, manic depressive disorder, and sensitive skin.

Postby Ry-Fi » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:54 am

Aww shucks, Prickly, you're too kind. Thanks again! (and NO, your questions weren't dumb!)

Tallow, that would be cool. Perhaps in vain, but cool nonetheless. Reception to this official release has been far more tepid than I had anticipated. *sigh* Oh well, that changes nothing, it's there for whoever wants it. On to my next life goal, whatever the fuck that is!... :?
Ry-Fi
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby Ry-Fi » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:00 pm

Bump for host bump (I now have my own site & domain! The free one was junk)
Ry-Fi
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby rharris07 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:40 pm

So where's the mac version of this damn thing!? hmmmmmm?? ;)

MEK | SixTrak | DrumTraks | Motif 8 | DW8000 | MicroKorg | EMX1 & ESX1 | Soviet TOM | Arp Quartet | SD-1 32V | Elka 490 | Indigo 2 | E6400 | Morpheus | SQ2 | DotCom Modular
rharris07
Expert Member
Expert Member

Band: Ghost Fires, The Witch Family

Postby Ry-Fi » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:53 am

Lend me a Mac!... and hang tight for about 6 months! :lol:

Seriously, I've never done any Mac coding but certainly wouldn't balk at the opportunity to do so (and hell, there's a lot of potential money to be made in iApp development...). But seeing as how I don't own a Mac, and this took me 200+ hours of development where about half of it was due to using a new language (I'd never written a Visual C++/MFC app before; VB yes, VC yes, console C++ yes, but VC++/MFC no), the prospect of spending that many hours/resources to make a Mac version actually mentally exhausts me. I'd rather move on to my next project as opposed to looking at this VF-1 Editor code any longer, and that's what I'm doing.

Sorry, I know that's not what you want to hear... How about getting a PC? That's certainly easier! ;)
Ry-Fi
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby rharris07 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:53 pm

Ry-Fi wrote:Lend me a Mac!... and hang tight for about 6 months! :lol:

Seriously, I've never done any Mac coding but certainly wouldn't balk at the opportunity to do so (and hell, there's a lot of potential money to be made in iApp development...). But seeing as how I don't own a Mac, and this took me 200+ hours of development where about half of it was due to using a new language (I'd never written a Visual C++/MFC app before; VB yes, VC yes, console C++ yes, but VC++/MFC no), the prospect of spending that many hours/resources to make a Mac version actually mentally exhausts me. I'd rather move on to my next project as opposed to looking at this VF-1 Editor code any longer, and that's what I'm doing.

Sorry, I know that's not what you want to hear... How about getting a PC? That's certainly easier! ;)

Believe me, I more than understand. I worked on programming in high school and a little in college, and I hated it's guts.

This is my first mac, and I just can't go back to pc now...it's SO unreliable in comparison. I feel much more free and at ease on a mac than I ever did on a pc. I personally would rather just keep seeking out a physical VF-1 than switch back to pc, heh. anyone got one for sale yet!?

MEK | SixTrak | DrumTraks | Motif 8 | DW8000 | MicroKorg | EMX1 & ESX1 | Soviet TOM | Arp Quartet | SD-1 32V | Elka 490 | Indigo 2 | E6400 | Morpheus | SQ2 | DotCom Modular
rharris07
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby pricklyrobot » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:30 pm

rharris07 wrote:I personally would rather just keep seeking out a physical VF-1 than switch back to pc, heh.
You know it's an editor for the hardware and not a VST, right?

The Editor is super cool, but the VF-1 has a good-sized display and a pretty logical menu layout, so it's not the worst thing to edit from the front panel. You should definitely get one anyway. :thumbleft:
Nord Mod G1 -- Arturia MiniBrute -- Sammich SID -- E-mu MP-7 -- Roland V-Synth, JV-1080 -- Korg ER-1 -- Thingamagoop -- 8 modules (and counting) o' Eurocrack
pricklyrobot
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Postby rharris07 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:34 pm

pricklyrobot wrote:
rharris07 wrote:I personally would rather just keep seeking out a physical VF-1 than switch back to pc, heh.
You know it's an editor for the hardware and not a VST, right?

The Editor is super cool, but the VF-1 has a good-sized display and a pretty logical menu layout, so it's not the worst thing to edit from the front panel. You should definitely get one anyway. :thumbleft:

fuck me, you're right. for whatever reason i've been reading it correctly, but still assuming it was a VST emulation of the hardware. what a dumbass. sorry!

yeah the screen couldn't be worse than what i have on the fizmo, and i still make it work so i'd be fine with the hardware on the vf-1...i just gotta find one!

rharris07
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby tallowwaters » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:49 am

You are using the sounddiver with the Fizmo, right? Otherwise you are only editing 35% of it's parameters.
tallowwaters

Postby Ry-Fi » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:32 am

rharris07 wrote:fuck me, you're right. for whatever reason i've been reading it correctly, but still assuming it was a VST emulation of the hardware. what a dumbass. sorry!

Ah-hyulck! :lol: I take it your date with the Brain Fart Fairy went REAL well, huh?... ;)
Ry-Fi
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Next

Return to Sound Production