Synth examples, post them here.

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.

Re: Synth examples, post them here.

Postby balma » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:44 pm

Some user patches I programmed on the Yamaha EX5 expanded synthesis

As you can hear, this is a very capable synth when talking about harmonic and complex pads:

Strings:

Monk choirs:

LFO crazyness:

"If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies you won´t find another"
Carl Sagan

https://soundcloud.com/balma
balma
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: DSI Tempest/Prophet 08/Roland V-Synth/Ensoniq Fizmo/E-mu MP7-XL7/Electribe ESX1/Radias/Waldorf MicroQ

Advertisement:

Postby Mush » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:24 pm

I have setup a blog where I show some production-tricks. It will most likely feature lot of examples of the Nord Modular G2 (as it is my main work-horse) and also MachinedrumUW, Airbase99, MS10, ATC1 and lots of acoustic instruments played in creative ways.

You can find it here:
http://copenhagennoiselab.blogspot.com/

Hope you'll like it!
Mush

Gear: I have all the gear I need.
Band: Mush Orchestra / Rasmus Nyåker

Postby Shleed » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:47 am

Song made with the Doepfer A100:

Watch on youtube.com
Shleed

Gear: Doepfer A100
MFB Synth II
Waldorf Blofeld
Akai Miniak
Korg Monotron
Ensoniq EPS-16+
Band: Shleed

Postby Mush » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:07 pm

Acidlab Bassline II

Got one of these in the mail for my 30th birthday. No idea who bought me the machine. Anyway it is a 303 clone with sequencer and stuff, prolly the closest one except the x0xb0x.

http://acidlab.de/

My first jam with the Bassline...

Every sound is dry, recorded straight out the headphones-jack on my Motu828mkII onto a cheap field-recorder.

Pads from Modular G2.
Drums from MachineDrumUW.
Acidlines from Acidlab Bassline II and another from the Moog Little Phatty IIse.
Deepbass and blips from the Monomachine.

I do some lenght-change on the Bassline and do both sawtooth and pulse.

I would say it is pretty close to a 303 but has a bit more bottom in the bass. It is a nice box and the sequencer lacks transposition, but can change lenght and start point live as well as change between modes.

All in all a nice little box. Quite fun to jam the way I did in the 90's without the computer on. I think I will start playing stuff like this live a bit, just got to create a name and a stage-show for it.

Enjoy.
Mush

Gear: I have all the gear I need.
Band: Mush Orchestra / Rasmus Nyåker

Postby rharris07 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:36 pm

I recorded a simple demo last night showing off the Future Retro Orb sequencer. In this track, it is controlling a Prophet '08, EMX-1 and Six-Trak for all the music. I do switch patterns off and on using the remix feature, which is very cool and allows for a lot of diversity if you so choose.

MEK | SixTrak | DrumTraks | Motif 8 | DW8000 | MicroKorg | EMX1 & ESX1 | Soviet TOM | Arp Quartet | SD-1 32V | Elka 490 | Indigo 2 | E6400 | Morpheus | SQ2 | DotCom Modular
rharris07
Expert Member
Expert Member

Band: Ghost Fires, The Witch Family

Postby implant » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:58 pm

I am surprised the VSE people have not posted these under the various synths on the main VSE website so all can hear these directly from each piece of gears page.
implant

Gear: k2500s, k4r, mc-09, ms-404, BassStation kybd, k-station, mvs-1, syntrack, mini/microbrute, tbx-303, kult, fsr1, sg01v, spawn, fizmo.

Access Indigo 2

Postby rharris07 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:54 am

Here is a demo to show off what the Access Indigo 2 is capable of doing, with very little tweaking I might add.

The drums are EMX1, the bass line is from my Prophet '08, and everything else you hear is from the Indigo 2.

and yes, this is close to trance-like dance stuff, a style I absolutely hate...BUT I figured those that do like this kind of music would enjoy the quality of sound you can get out of the Indigo 2.

MEK | SixTrak | DrumTraks | Motif 8 | DW8000 | MicroKorg | EMX1 & ESX1 | Soviet TOM | Arp Quartet | SD-1 32V | Elka 490 | Indigo 2 | E6400 | Morpheus | SQ2 | DotCom Modular
rharris07
Expert Member
Expert Member

Band: Ghost Fires, The Witch Family

SCI Prophet 600 demo (+DL4)

Postby code green » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:26 am

I was playing around with my new Line 6 DL4 and things kind of morphed into a Prophet 600 demo. So this is all P600, with DL4 (mostly the tape echo setting).

Since I'm calling this a demo, some production stuff I wouldn't bore you with otherwise:

-Almost all of these sounds were made using the LFO out from the Moog MF-102 ring modulator into the Prophet's Filter CV In. To unlock the full potential of this synth, I strongly recommend an external LFO source, as well as a pedal to control the filter's frequency cutoff. Unfortunately, my expression pedal for this synth is at a friend's studio, so I wasn't able to use it even on the few tracks (like the "strings") where I wasn't using the LFO (can't use 'em both at once...or at least I haven't figured out a way). I'm generally lukewarm at best about the P600's arpeggiator (I use it here), but since the P600 has (very basic) MIDI, that's another shortcoming that can easily be addressed with external control.

-There's no EQ or dynamic processing on individual tracks, except for the "voices" at the very beginning and end, which I high-passed and put a compander on. I made a cut of a couple of dB at 210 and put medium compression on the stereo mix.

-The P600 has a mono out but mine runs into a Mackie mixer with stereo outs, for which the DL4, a stereo-in, stereo-out effect, was used as an auxillary send. About half of the tracks in this recording are mono, half pseudo-stereo, with the stereo processing of the DL4 added to the original signal providing slight variation between L and R signals. I gave the P600 a bit of gain with the Mackie's preamps, not for any "Mackie warmth," ha, but because I've found this synth benefits from a bit of a boost in gain.

-The more "lead" type tracks have a bit of Lexicon LXP15 vocal plate on them, and all the tracks have varying degrees of ambience from the Ensoniq DP/Pro.

-Most of the patches employ the P600's Unison mode...in fact I think all of them do except for the "voices" and the "strings."

Enjoy and peace.

code green

Gear: prophet 600/evolver/juno 6/alpha juno 2/bassst'n/crumar performer/jv1010/suitcase rhodes 73/ '78 gibson l6-s/'73 guild mahogany/'69 fender princeton
Band: thermite zapruder

Look what I found!

Postby gcoudert » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:36 pm

Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com
Gilles C.
gcoudert

Gear: Roland Fantom X8, R8, JV1080 + Orchestral & Vintage Synth cards, Akai S5000, Fender Telecaster, Korg AX3000G.

Postby Carey M » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:11 pm

Made a couple of crappy demos of my newly acquired Roland Juno-60 and (reacquired) Seqeantial Circuits Prophet-600. Posted them on my home town's synth-geek-community's blog, thought some of you VSErs might be interested...

http://turkusynth.wordpress.com/2011/03 ... 60-sounds/

http://turkusynth.wordpress.com/2011/03 ... 00-sounds/

- CM
Carey M

Gear: Akai Miniak, Fender Chroma Polaris, Moog Sub Phatty, Roland SH-101, Roland Jupiter-4, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Komplete 8, Reaper, iPad, beer
Band: Nightsatan

Postby D-Collector » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:29 pm

Nice! Great sound from that combo! Any plans to make them into longer tracks?

Btw, nice to see you post here again!
D-Collector
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Carey M » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:31 pm

D-Collector wrote:Nice! Great sound from that combo! Any plans to make them into longer tracks?

Btw, nice to see you post here again!

Thanks dude :) The theme on the second P-600 demo is something that I've been playing with on the piano, and is probably going to end up in a Nightsatan track in the near future, maybe.

Yeah, haven't posted actively anywhere in some time, been pretty busy, and also revamping (and downsizing) my setup.

- CM
Carey M

Gear: Akai Miniak, Fender Chroma Polaris, Moog Sub Phatty, Roland SH-101, Roland Jupiter-4, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Komplete 8, Reaper, iPad, beer
Band: Nightsatan

Postby D-Collector » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:01 pm

Here is a lighthearted little demo track I made using only my Yamaha DX7S and 808 samples, I posted it in the "latest purchase" thread but I figure it belongs here as well:

D-Collector
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby HideawayStudio » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:56 pm

Having just returned my Korg Delta to the land of the living, here is a very quick demo of the string section through an analog phaser...

Korg Delta Lives Again!:

Quick Demo:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2r3pky

NB: Sendspace is confusing click on "Click here to start download from sendspace" to download
H.I.D.E.A.W.A.Y S.T.U.D.I.O
http://www.hideawaystudio.co.uk
The Home of Novachord #346
http://www.novachord.co.uk
HideawayStudio
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: 163 tubes in a large wooden box!
Band: Hideaway Studio

PreviousNext

Return to The Listening Lounge