Clavia Nord Lead (Rack) 2/2x/3

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.

Clavia Nord Lead (Rack) 2/2x/3

Postby gekichan » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:33 am

Hi there,
I would like to add to my synths roster some Clavia sound. The issue is basically having some easy to reach/use creatively and not sampled warm pad/chords/electric piano/keys sounds (Detroit direction). I tried the 2x i was positively impressed by the richness, the width of the specter and the editing possibilities of its pads. Do anybody have something precious to say regarding it. Which of those should i go for in this case? I've heard they are pretty different machines.
Thanks. :mrgreen:

G.
gekichan : : : : Clavia Nord Modular; Elektron Machinedrum; Studio Electronics XTC-1 Chamaleon; DSI Polyevolver, Roland TR707.
gekichan

Advertisement:

Re: Clavia Nord Lead (Rack) 2/2x/3

Postby shendo » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:57 pm

Do you still have the Nord Modular listed in your sig? I thought it had the same engine as a NL2
It has lots of patches as I recall that are emulations of the NL2
Why not just dig into that?

just my 2 coppers
Novation X station, Motif Rack, NordLead/Electro, Juno-1, Evolver , Moogerfoogers
shendo

Gear: Ableton Live/ Nord Lead1/ Electro/AJ1/ Moog LP /Moogerfoogers/Stomp Boxes/Vermona DRM1 III/motif rack
Band: NONE

Postby TheKeytarist » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:04 am

The Nord Lead 3 is said to have a completely different sound engine. The other Nord leads are supposed to sound better. They are all pretty easy to use.
"A learned blockhead is a greater blockhead than an ignorant one."
— Benjamin Franklin

:keys1: :drums: :keys2:
TheKeytarist

Postby Mino » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:48 am

Nord Lead 3 has a cleaner sound with 4 op FM possibility. Nord Lead 2/2X is the VA like series. If you liked 2X, go for it. :) I use Nord Rack 2, and happy with it.
Mino

Gear: Waldorf Q&XT
Nord Lead 2x
Roland V-Synth /w VC-1

Return to Buyer's Guide