future retro revolution question

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

future retro revolution question

Postby changeofeyes » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:56 am

I recently got a revolution. I understand how use and program it and have read the manual a couple times already. When playing the revolution live after about 4 or 5 measures it goes off beat from my drum machine. I'm not that familiar with Midi but have read the section in both manuals i have for the rev and my drum machine. I'm trying to sync the revolution to my drum machine tempo. It seems like I have it set, but now I can't write patters in the rev and whatever i had already program only plays select notes now.

Any suggestions?
changeofeyes

Gear: Moog Voyager, Emulator II, TR-707, Juno-106, MC-808, Pittsburgh Modular System, Korg KR-55, Casio CT-640 and various pedals.

Advertisement:

Re: future retro revolution question

Postby hyphen nation » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:57 am

I don't have a revolution, but I have plenty of little boxes I like to sync up...What kind of drum machine do you have? Sometimes you have set it up as the master. I think Future Retro has a midi selection where you have to set it as an exterior clock it needs to sync to..On the Mobius [not in front of me at the moment] I think you Hold down "Song" and "Accent" to pull up midi routing info, internal clock, or external... hopefully that helps.
hyphen nation

Gear: boxes that make noises

Postby changeofeyes » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:02 pm

I have a Roland MC808. I set it up as the master and set the FR midi to EXT. It plays to the right tempo now, but does not play the notes I'm telling it to play and only select ones.
changeofeyes

Gear: Moog Voyager, Emulator II, TR-707, Juno-106, MC-808, Pittsburgh Modular System, Korg KR-55, Casio CT-640 and various pedals.

Postby silikon » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:59 pm

Jared has been known to lurk around on the board here, I've spoken with him in the past (not regarding my revo) and he's a great guy.

I would suggest getting on the FR website and dropping him an email -- I'm certain he can clarify or assist you...

Future Retro Support
echo 1 > /dev/awesome
silikon
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Random bullshit with knobs and buttons.
Band: Year with no summer

Postby meatballfulton » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:00 pm

changeofeyes wrote:I have a Roland MC808. I set it up as the master and set the FR midi to EXT. It plays to the right tempo now, but does not play the notes I'm telling it to play and only select ones.

Your Revolution is probably playing notes being sent by the 808. Check to make sure that you don't have the Revolution on the same MIDI channel as any of the tracks on the 808. Unless you want the 808 sequencer to select patterns on the Revolution, turn the Revolution's program change reception OFF.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Motif XF6, Evolver, Live 9

Postby changeofeyes » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:06 pm

i got it working now. still not sure what the issue was, but i turned everything off and started from scratch again. thanks for the input guys.
changeofeyes

Postby hyphen nation » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:36 pm

midi is something I begrudgingly accept for all the positive reasons we all know...but it always makes my head kinda hurt...
hyphen nation

Gear: boxes that make noises

Return to HELP!