Roland D550

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Roland D550

Postby BlazingtheMelody » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:40 pm

My Setup consists in just a Korg Triton (master keyboard) with an EXB MOSS Expansion Board. Now I want to expand my setup adding a Roland D550 Sound Module for great pads (slave sound module).

Can you explain me which is the best way to program the MIDI control for my setup? Sorry for my ignorance, but its the firt time y program a synth to control another synth with MIDI.

I have seen that the Roland D50 has a Joystic that allows to control some parameters in the programs. My Korg Triton doesnt have any joystic, Is there any possibility to contol these parameters with my Korg Triton?

Thanks a lot
BlazingtheMelody

Advertisement:

Re: Roland D550

Postby alfadawg01 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:40 pm

Every Korg Triton I've ever seen does indeed have a joystick or paddle to the left of the keyboard that controls pitch and modulation. As far as MIDI goes, your Triton's manual should give you all the details. It comes down to setting a MIDI channel on the Triton for it to send messages on and then setting the same channel on the D550 to receive on. Run a MIDI cable from the Triton's MIDI Out to the D550's MIDI In and away you go.
alfadawg01

Gear: Ensoniq SD1, Roland JV1080, Alesis Ion, E-mu Vintage Keys
Band: GTCC Worship Band

Re: Roland D550

Postby BlazingtheMelody » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:10 am

Thanks a lot alfadawg01

I didnt know that the joystic on the left of the keyboard was able to control that functions on the D550 via MIDI... because the way this joystic works is a little bit diferent from how a D50´s joystic works.
BlazingtheMelody

Return to HELP!