Yamaha SY77 Patch

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Yamaha SY77 Patch

Postby thefonz003 » Wed May 04, 2011 3:09 am

When I bought my SY77, among the patches in the "Internal" section of the synth was something called "LEXUS." The lower part of the keyboard played synth-strings, while the upper part played a trombone. If you held the trombone note long enough, a violin/generic string voice would come in a fifth above, up one or two octaves (for example, hold in a C on the trombone, the string would come in on a G). I think the string may have faded in as well---it started faint and got a bit louder. I saved the voice bank to a formatted floppy, but now the synth can't read that particular floppy (it had read it before I'm pretty sure, and it still reads others quite well).

My questions: Does anyone recognize this patch from an SY77 disc? From another synthesizer? How would I go about recreating it on my SY77? What if I had a vector synth like a Korg Wavestation? Would that make it easier? Has anyone ever programmed something similar?
thefonz003

Gear: Yamaha SY77
Korg DSS-1
E-mu Mo'Phatt
Electrix Warp Factory

Advertisement:

Re: Yamaha SY77 Patch

Postby b3groover » Wed May 04, 2011 6:25 am

I don't remember ever running across a patch like that but there are literally hundreds of sound banks for the SY77 available on the 'net for free.
b3groover

Band: THEO

Postby D-Collector » Wed May 04, 2011 9:47 am

Look at the bottom of this page:

http://www.voicecrystal.com/yamsy77.htm

Voice Crystal, VC1, Bank D. There you will find "LEXUS"

;)
D-Collector
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby thefonz003 » Thu May 05, 2011 4:29 am

D-Collector wrote:Look at the bottom of this page:

http://www.voicecrystal.com/yamsy77.htm

Voice Crystal, VC1, Bank D. There you will find "LEXUS"

;)

Yep, that's definitely the whole internal memory that this thing shipped with. Now I'm trying to figure out whether it's worth the $30...probably.
thefonz003

Gear: Yamaha SY77
Korg DSS-1
E-mu Mo'Phatt
Electrix Warp Factory

Return to General Synthesizers