help with yamaha bc2 / anatek wind machine & SY77

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

help with yamaha bc2 / anatek wind machine & SY77

Postby zphillips » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:20 pm

hi,

I recently got a yamaha BC2 breath controller and anatek wind machine. I have both manuals and understand how to change the settings of the BC2 and anatek on the actual devices. my midi knowledge is poor but I do know how to set send/receive channels and have successfully used a midi arpeggiator with multiple synths. I've also verified that the BC2 is sending data -- the anatek definitely receives data from my keyboards and from the BC2. so I know both devices work.

the SY77 has a BC input so I don't even need the anatek for that synth. no matter what I try I can't get the BC2 to do anything with any synthesizer under any circumstances! I'm pretty sure my midi channels are correctly set -- is there some kind of deeper programming I need to do to get this stuff to work?

any help would be appreciated
thanks
zphillips

Advertisement:

Re: help with yamaha bc2 / anatek wind machine & SY77

Postby madtheory » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:22 am

You'll need to set up the breath control sensitivity parameter on each patch. Press edit and go through the menus. Check the manual.

The BC2/3 give great control over the sound, but they forgot to add a way to collect spit!
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Buck Owens Moog, Korg Warlock 9000, Roland Sultan of Brunei, Moog Ribald Cat.
Band: madtheory

Postby zphillips » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:36 pm

xxxxxxx
Last edited by zphillips on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zphillips

Postby zphillips » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:53 pm

you helped me realize something obvious -- the bc2 knobs are kind of tricky to set. i have the gain knob all the way up and the offset one at exactly the right level now -- if the gain is any lower, it's difficult to use the controller (gotta blow hard) -- if the offset is any lower, same thing, and if the offset is higher the controller is always sending data.

THANKS
zphillips

Postby madtheory » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:34 pm

You're welcome.
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Buck Owens Moog, Korg Warlock 9000, Roland Sultan of Brunei, Moog Ribald Cat.
Band: madtheory

Return to HELP!