Ensoniq Mirage Help

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Ensoniq Mirage Help

Postby blackdiscoball » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:51 pm

So I've had this mirage I bought for about a month now and I can't seem to get anything to save on it? I have Masos, V.3.2 and the FMT 2 formatting disk. I've tried formatting a couple disk and they seem to format like they are suppose to but then when I try to save a sound on there it goes through the saving process. I turn it off, then I turn it back on and the disk is blank? To format I turn the machine on with the formatting disk. I get the FD in the display. I hit 1 then enter and it makes noise for 2 or 3 minutes then gives me FC. Then Ill put in the 3.2 disk and load that, take that disk out and put in the disk I just formatted and hit 13 to Save all, then select 1 (or 2 or 3), let it do its saving thing, you can still play the sounds at this point. Ill turn it off, then back on and it doesn't load the disk like its blank (which it probably still is?). Am I doing something wrong or do I maybe have a bad drive that will not save? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Moog Prodigy, Moog Liberation, Wurlitzer 112, Roland 707, Roland Juno106 Casio CZ3000,
blackdiscoball

Advertisement:

Re: Ensoniq Mirage Help

Postby Don T » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:03 pm

Have you tried unplugging the reconnecting all the cables? A dirty connection can do nasty things (pun intended). Try blowing out the FD with a can of duster. If you can still find one someplace, a floppy drive cleaning kit may help.

If not successful, definitely try a new FD.

Good luck!
Don Taylor

Master of no trades, practitioner of many.
(Basically, this means I know just enough about a lot of things to get myself in real trouble)
Don T
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Roland SH-09, Korg Polysix, Moog Rogue, Realistic MG-1, Paia Fatman, Korg Monotron, and of course, my main instrument: Trumpet!

Postby blackdiscoball » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:44 pm

I might try the air first, then open it up and reconnect cables if that doesn't work. I have two different formatting disk and neither will work. I've tried a whole bunch of disk so Im afraid Im going to have to replace the drive.
Moog Prodigy, Moog Liberation, Wurlitzer 112, Roland 707, Roland Juno106 Casio CZ3000,
blackdiscoball

Postby synthparts » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:55 am

I have a working drive if you end up needing one.
Vintage Synth Parts - http://www.synthparts.com
synthparts

Return to HELP!