Thinking about a Yamaha cs1x...

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.

Thinking about a Yamaha cs1x...

Postby winnebago » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:59 pm

Just seen a Yamaha cs1x on eBay in excellent condition with manuals and power supply, thinking about going for it but just wanted to ask everybody here what they thought first.

first of all is it worth getting with me already having a radias? And also is the £150 BIN price a reasonable ask?

Worth a mention is the fact it's been sold very near where I live so isn't a hassle collecting at all.

Any thoughts or anything people think on this would be appreciated.

Cheers
winnebago

Advertisement:

Re: Thinking about a Yamaha cs1x...

Postby madtheory » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:45 am

Under rated synth. That's a good price. It's great, good sound, good interface. I had one for a while, keyboard stopped being velocity sensitive, never figured out why.
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Buck Owens Moog, Korg Warlock 9000, Roland Sultan of Brunei, Moog Ribald Cat.
Band: madtheory

Postby winnebago » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:32 pm

One thing I noticed about this cs1x was the knobs looked white instead of the black I have see on all others. I emailed the seller and asked about this, he said they came like that, he also said they glow in the dark. Has anybody heard of this before? Might be a common thing, i really don't know too much about this synth so thought its better to ask.
winnebago

Postby jeeroj » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:37 pm

i'd hold out for a better deal - if you have a look at completed listings there's cs1x and cs2x's both going for under £100

i know it's jexus and he can get awesome sounds out of his hand and his armpit but just watch this cs2x demo - I had no idea it could sound this good....

Watch on youtube.com
Debut Album out now jeeroj - Selected Acid Works 08-11
check the review HERE first
jeeroj

Gear: sh-101, x0xb0x(x2), tr-606, korg es-1, half dead mc-303 and some boss micro racks

Postby dustinh » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:03 am

I owned a cs1x for a while. Not a bad synth. I managed to get some great sounding pads with it, especially with the layering features. It does sound quite digital though so don't expect it to sound like a faithful analog emulation. Do you always want that though?

Oh yeah, it has a great selection of arpegiators and tons of internal effects which make it great for live use or otherwise.
dustinh

Gear: juno-1, ensoniq sq-80, dsi mopho, gretsch guitars, motu 2408, monotron, and caffeine

Return to Buyer's Guide