Emu Vintage keys module

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Emu Vintage keys module

Postby Blob » Sat May 19, 2012 2:26 am

Just got a Vintage keys module off ebay and the user presets have been erased. From initializing no doubt. Emu website no longer has anything for this unit. Does anyone have a midi file of the factory presets they'd be willing to share so I can get this thing back to spec? Also The manual shows 511 presets with 256 of them being ROM/User. But mine only shows 383 slots. What's up with that? Was there a memory upgrade? I noticed the pic here on VSE shows a Vintage Keys Plus. Did a later model have more memory?
Blob

Gear: Korg TR88,MS2000R,N1. Hammond XK-1, Yamaha CS1x, Alesis QS6.2,Fusion6,S4+.Roland AX7, Jv2080. Emu Vintage Keys,Audity2k,Mophatt.

Advertisement:

Re: Emu Vintage keys module

Postby rhino » Sat May 19, 2012 3:45 am

Welcome to the board!

Fond this:

From the Emulator Archive for the Vintage Keys page:
Diagnostics

The Vintage Keys has a full range of internal diagnostics, but beware they can cause speaker damage and the initialisation routine is a one way process.

To enter diagnostics mode, power on with both cursor keys held down. There are 13 modes, which test out all the various components inside the module.

To re-initialize your module, if it locks up, scroll down until you get to the "initialize" option. Hit enter and you will wipe out your user-definable patches and reset the module back to its factory state. Beware! Save your patches first!
"A thing may seem impossible...until it's done."
--Nelson Mandela
rhino
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: keepers:
Kurzweil K2500x
Ensoniq TS-12
Yamaha SY-99
Alesis QS-8
Roland JD-800
Roland JX-10
Akai AX-80
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DSS-1
Moog Mini
Fizmo

Postby Blob » Sat May 19, 2012 9:10 am

Yes, thanks. I already checked this site out and looked at the diagnostic menu. Ran some checks as well. I found out about the different versions of this module. It appears I have Version 1 with not as many presets, etc. But I still need a midi file of the lost presets. Do you own a VK?
Blob

Gear: Korg TR88,MS2000R,N1. Hammond XK-1, Yamaha CS1x, Alesis QS6.2,Fusion6,S4+.Roland AX7, Jv2080. Emu Vintage Keys,Audity2k,Mophatt.

Postby Blob » Sat May 19, 2012 9:13 am

The Emulator Archive site has some links to the presets and manual but they don't work. All you get is an error message and a redirect to another useless search site.
Blob

Postby rhino » Sat May 19, 2012 3:55 pm

Sorry, no. I do not have a VK. The description made it sound like (at least implied) that the factory patches would be reloaded after the INT.
"A thing may seem impossible...until it's done."
--Nelson Mandela
rhino
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: keepers:
Kurzweil K2500x
Ensoniq TS-12
Yamaha SY-99
Alesis QS-8
Roland JD-800
Roland JX-10
Akai AX-80
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DSS-1
Moog Mini
Fizmo

Postby fh991586 » Sat May 19, 2012 7:24 pm

I briefly had one (didn't check the version), and I almost immediatly did the re-initialisation procedure to get a "factory presets" unit. Big mistake, since it wiped out most of what was in the memory (what the previous owners made up). Most banks were therefore empty, and I was left with too much programming to my liking.

Finally, I didn't like the sounds as much as the Roland M-VS1, so I sold it off the same week.
-Roland JX3P+PG200, D50+PG1000, Juno 6+106, MKS50/70, JP8080, U220, MVS1, MDC1, MSE1, TR-707
-Korg M1R, MicroKorg, Micro X, Kaossilator/Pro, Monotron X3
-Yamaha DX7, TX816, TX81Z
-Future Retro 777, DSI Mopho, EMU Proteus FX
fh991586

Gear: Too much to handle...

Return to HELP!