Name ONE favorite pedal (+more)

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.

Re: Name ONE favorite pedal (+more)

Postby dirtykeys » Wed May 23, 2012 5:55 am

as of the past several months
FUZZHUGGER(fx) AB Synth
http://www.fuzzhugger.com/

dirtykeys

Gear: astationdr202es1mkIIesq1k2000remote25sl...

Advertisement:

Postby syntheticsolutions » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:33 pm

The Moog pedals are incredibly good quality IMO.

The MF104 delay is great on Keys and has a great deal of control over each function. The delayed signal is very muddy but that is not as much of a disadvantage as I initially thought. It becomes more of an additional texture to your input signal as appose to an independent delay, especially with high feedback.

For me, the best pedal in my set up is the Moog MF-103 Phaser. This thing is f**king amazing!! It can be used with a subtle attitude or dramatically. The phasing sweep has a very wide range and the LFO is very controllable and easy to use creatively. It is also very nice to turn the LFO modulation off and manually sweep the phasing frequency, this sounds fantastic when the phase sweep is controlled via a CV pedal. I also utilise the CV output of my Doepfer Dark Time to control any of the CV features on the pedals e.g. Ring Mod OSC Frequency, Phaser Sweep, Delay time etc. This can give you some really cool results that most pedals would struggle to achieve.

I really sound like a Moog salesman here but despite the high price, I can not fault the pedals. The build quality is exceptional and the 4 in my possession sound incredible :D I would certainly recommend any of the initial 4 released if you have the money or find one at a bargain price.
Replicants are like any other machine, they're either a benefit or a hazard. If they're a benefit, its not my problem.
syntheticsolutions

Gear: OB-8, Jupiter 4, Polysix, Juno 6, RS-505, MS-10, VC-10, CS-15, Opus 3, Dark Energy, Dark Time,Machinedrum, DX, RE-501, DC-50, Roland Rack, Foogers
Band: Lunar Modular

Postby c-level » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:40 pm

c-level

Gear: Juno106, JX8P, JX3P, SH201, Micromoog, CP 251, Korg Legacy, Triton Rack, E6400 Ultra Ableton 9, APC40, Max/MSP, M-Audio CX-8 Monitors, Focusrite Pro40
Band: C-Level

Postby corndogssg » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:06 am

just got an eventide h9 wich is basically all eventide's "best of" off their time factor, mod factor, pitch factor and space pedals, plus some new stuff too. It's just as good for synths as it is for guitar, I also really like the adrenalinn3 pedal for synths too. I have every moogerfooger besides the delay (wich maybe the best one with the new super delay with midi they just came out with) i also love the 103 phaser pedal but probably my favorite for synths is the 105 midi murf! that thing kicks ass!
corndogssg

Gear: v synth, little phatty2, jx10, kiwi106, jx 305, jv2080x's8, k2600, ion, micron, evolver, tetra, x station, ultra nova, bass station2
Band: sesame street gangsters

Postby Stab Frenzy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:39 pm

I've recently been getting into the MF-104Z again after I sidelined it for a while in favour of other textures and it kind of blew me away how good it sounds after having not used it for a bit. It's such a nice pedal.
Stab Frenzy

Gear: Octatrack, Analog Four, Eurorack, Minibrute, Ultranova, many FX

Postby silikon » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:29 pm

As boring as this sounds, any good reamp box. I use the Saturnworks Reamp box currently. Even though some of the effects I use allow line-level and instrument-levels pretty easily (the eventide stuff for example allows you to switch between the two), some sound like utter shite when plugged into a line-level device. Hence, my favorite pedal is a reamp box. Without it, (or alternatively the Harvestman Evin, since it does level matching also) I would be in effect purgatory.
echo 1 > /dev/awesome
silikon
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Random bullshit with knobs and buttons.
Band: Year with no summer

Postby ppg_wavecomputer » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:01 pm

Electro Harmonix Polyphase and Electric Mistress Deluxe (original versions).

Do the Mutron Biphase and Compact Phasing count as pedals?

Stephen
"Like the light from distant stars, Stephen Parsick's music has existed for some time, but is only now reaching us on Earth." -- Chuck van Zyl / Star´s End
ppg_wavecomputer

Gear: brain
Band: ['ramp]

Previous

Return to Sound Production