Moog Satellite Odd Board Revision

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Moog Satellite Odd Board Revision

Postby Don T » Wed May 30, 2012 2:55 am

I've tried to be helpful here a few times, and now it's my turn for help, and I hope I've stacked up enough good Karma in this case:

I've got two of these boards that came in with a pile of Moog Satellite parts I purchased awhile back. I knew of three different revisions of Satellite main boards, but this is a fourth, apparently later version for which I cannot find ANY info. The boards are obviously rigged for use inside a Thomas or CDX-0652 (White Elephant) organ, and the low-pass filter section and "modulator" section is completely different.

First, the "Standard Board", from a normal, non-organ-installed Moog Satellite:

And the section of the normal Satellite board relevant to this post:

Now the "Mystery" board:

And the relevant section of the "Mystery" board:

It appears at first glance that the normal low-pass filter (which is actually a 12dB Moog ladder) has been replaced by an OTA-based 12dB filter similar to the main VCF. I probably could flip it over and trace the circuit in my "Spare time" (yeah, right :mrgreen: ) but I have become a bit lazy in my old age.

If anyone can offer any assistance, info, or even a link to a service manual that addresses this version I would be most grateful.

By the way, I've been working on three different Satellites and a Minitmoog, and in the course of doing so I have found MANY errors/differences in the schematics and parts list. As soon as I wade through all this stuff, I plan on posting some corrections later. One thing I'll mention up front in case anyone is considering using a main board from a Thomas Organ inside a regular Moog Satellite: It WON'T WORK without quite a few (albeit easy) modifications.
Don Taylor

Master of no trades, practitioner of many.
(Basically, this means I know just enough about a lot of things to get myself in real trouble)
Don T
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Roland SH-09, Korg Polysix, Moog Rogue, Realistic MG-1, Paia Fatman, Korg Monotron, and of course, my main instrument: Trumpet!

Advertisement:

Re: Moog Satellite Odd Board Revision

Postby Don T » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:01 am

bump.
Don Taylor

Master of no trades, practitioner of many.
(Basically, this means I know just enough about a lot of things to get myself in real trouble)
Don T
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Roland SH-09, Korg Polysix, Moog Rogue, Realistic MG-1, Paia Fatman, Korg Monotron, and of course, my main instrument: Trumpet!

Return to HELP!