Moog Prodigy and Roland Sh09 questions

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Moog Prodigy and Roland Sh09 questions

Postby Alphacode » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:49 pm

HI everybody !

I haven't been on the forum for the last 2 years i think , sold all my synths a while back and been using plugins ( which i love ) to make music... But the nostalgia kicked back in and i found a great offer in the last expected place and got myself cheap ( 650€ / 750$ ) a mint Moog Prodigy ! which only blemish is that it's missing one white switch cap... AND with that, the guy thrown in a Roland SH09 for half of it's normal price. Now the Sh09 is a bit ''unclean''.

So here are my questions , Anyone got any leads on where to get one of these white caps for the moog ? I saw sometimes chineese guys selling some , don't know about them though ... Any other places you could recommend ?

Second question about SH , anyone got any advices how to work on those nasty rust patches on the panel ? Should i just send it to that place '' customsynth.co.uk'' - Anyone got experience with them ? how much does it cost ?

Thanks

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
My Gear : SYNTHS : Vermona PerFourmer, Novation Bass Station 2, Novation K-Station, Arturia SparkLe VST.
OTHER EQUIPEMENT : Fostex Pm1 MkII Monitors, Focusrite 18i8, Rhode NT-2

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=alphacode909
Alphacode

Advertisement:

Re: Moog Prodigy and Roland Sh09 questions

Postby orlando56 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:23 am

Can't answer your question about the Moog switch. If you seek, you will find.

As for the rust on the SH-09, don't waste your money on something that doesn't matter. If the SH-09 works for you, before long you'll be proud of those battle scars.

Congratulations on your two new synths!
orlando56

Gear: Prophet 600, MiniKorg 700, Juno 106, Little Phatty SE, Korg Poly 800, Minibrute, MS20 Mini
Band: Squirrel Damage

Postby CZ Rider » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:26 am

Alphacode wrote: Anyone got any leads on where to get one of these white caps for the moog ?

Try:
Moog Prodigy cap at Syntaur

I purchased an extra set and painted them to match the Minimoog colors. :lol:
CZ Rider

Postby Alphacode » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:14 am

Wow thank you for the link to syntaur ,great stuff . Can you just let me know if the cap is identical to the original or should i get a full set as it may differ from the rest ?

As for the Roland ,these battle scars are really not enjoyable to look at ,there are actually no scratches on it just rust...
My Gear : SYNTHS : Vermona PerFourmer, Novation Bass Station 2, Novation K-Station, Arturia SparkLe VST.
OTHER EQUIPEMENT : Fostex Pm1 MkII Monitors, Focusrite 18i8, Rhode NT-2

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=alphacode909
Alphacode

Return to HELP!