Yamaha FB01 - Patches don't save on power off (battery?)

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Yamaha FB01 - Patches don't save on power off (battery?)

Postby blavatsky » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:30 pm

Hello - I recently got a cheap Yamaha FB01 (I know , I know you're super jealous, calm down) and i'm trying to do some basic patch editing and bank dumping.

I have the MIDI side worked out - I can dump banks (although it seems like they always go in bank 1?) and edit and save patches. When I power back on the next day though, all of that is gone.

Does this sound like a bad battery, or just i'm missing a step to 'commit' these RAM banks to memory before shutdown? If it is a bad battery, what do I need to replace it with/is it simple?

Also, it seems the only way to specify to send a bank to bank 2 is by editing the hex (which I tried) but it was hit or miss. Anyone do this with an FB01/TX/DX11 type synth with luck?

Thanks
blavatsky
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: A4, Bass Station II, Juno 106, x-station, venom, fusion, MV8800, SP555, SP404sx, ESX
Band: Blavatsky

Advertisement:

Re: Yamaha FB01 - Patches don't save on power off (battery?)

Postby blavatsky » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:02 pm

Well seemed to be an old CR2032 battery.

Replaced it, still nothing.....ugh. Then read up, realized you can't just pop in a regular one, you have to get a solder tag/tab one and solder it back in. Live and learn.
blavatsky
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: A4, Bass Station II, Juno 106, x-station, venom, fusion, MV8800, SP555, SP404sx, ESX
Band: Blavatsky

Re: Yamaha FB01 - Patches don't save on power off (battery?)

Postby meatballfulton » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:51 pm

When replacing soldered-in batteries, always buy a socket and solder that in so you can use regular batteries.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Motif XF6, Evolver, Live 9

Return to HELP!