Arturia MiniBrute - analog monosynth

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Re: Arturia MiniBrute - analog monosynth

Postby Sir Nose » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:28 pm

I think it is very much the opposite. Many potential sales lost. The current market in new analog has new products coming out like hotcakes.
Funkadelic wrote:nothing is good unless you play with it
all that is good is nasty
Sir Nose

Gear: Machinedrum, Octatrack, Moog LP, x0xb0x, Elka Solist 505, Simmons SDS-400

Advertisement:

Postby Kidney05 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:30 pm

Sir Nose wrote:I think it is very much the opposite. Many potential sales lost. The current market in new analog has new products coming out like hotcakes.

agreed, I can't see how a delay would help them at all. It's not legendary because of sparseness... people are getting frustrated and moving on to other things because they'd rather not have to wait 6 months to get one.
Kidney05

Gear: Juno 106, Tetra, Mopho Keyboard, Little Phatty Stage II, RX-5, Volcas, JX-3P, R5, 505, TX-7, D550, TX81Z, Korg MS-20 Mini, Minibrute, Six Traks, TR-8

Postby Bitexion » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:23 pm

Aye, the hype has passed by now I think. The hype was at its peak around may/june, that's when I first read about it and went to my local store to order one ASAP. But when people have to wait 4-6 months to get theirs, it kind of falls off the map again, no matter how great the reviews were months ago.

It's like the mail order disaster that was the ZX Spectrum UK home computer release in 1982. It was to come out before christmas 1982. They released loads of PR and brochures and TV commercials, but hadn't expected to get 30000 orders per week for several weeks straight, families went nuts wanting the first ever colour computer for their kids by xmas, as it was priced at £99 for 16K, and £129 for 48K versions.
But of course Sinclair couldn't deliver 30k units per week, so ppl just got a receipt back and had to wait until february to get it. Imagine that, being a kid at christmas morning, and getting a paper receipt from your parents :P
I'd be bitchy.
Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Yamaha Motif XF6
Roland Gaia
Alesis Ion
Analogue Systems modular
+various assorted bits&bobs

Postby Infinity Curve » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:33 pm

adhmzaiusz wrote:Paul's Boutique still have it advertised in T.O.
Probably the best place to check since they move sold out items out of the for sale area on their site.

Sold out until December :(

But they will put you on a waiting list for when stock arrives in December.
Infinity Curve

Gear: Juno 106, SH101, Virus TI2 Polar, Monomachine, Machinedrum, Analog Four, , MPC2500, Maschine, System 10, System 3
Band: Infinity Curve

Postby Bitexion » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:35 pm

Store I got it from has starting pushing back the unconfirmed date into december. I pity them, they pushed the Minibrute to get orders, and now ppl just have to hang around and wait for months and months instead.

This is the prime reason I still use actual stores instead of web stores. You get the personal contact with the guys, and they remember you if you drop by the store now and then for a chat, instead of just being another preorder on an email and get no priority whatsoever.
Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Roland D-50
Yamaha Motif XF6
Roland Gaia
Alesis Ion
Analogue Systems modular

Postby Sir Ruff » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:06 pm

Sir Nose wrote:I think it is very much the opposite. Many potential sales lost. The current market in new analog has new products coming out like hotcakes.

Not at this price point they're not.

And I highly doubt Aurturia will lose any sales in the long run. Synth buyers aren't fickle parents trying to buy on a deadline. You either really want this, and will wait, or don't.
Do you even post on vse bro?
Sir Ruff
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Two persimmon modulators and a frequency adjudicator.
Band: Ruff in the jungle

Postby adhmzaiusz » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:23 pm

Sir Ruff wrote:

Not at this price point they're not.

And I highly doubt Aurturia will lose any sales in the long run. Synth buyers aren't fickle parents trying to buy on a deadline. You either really want this, and will wait, or don't.

Yea, I don't think GAS goes away so easily. $500 for an analog with all those features? It should only make people want to get their paws on it that much more...

I was lucky enough to get mine while on a trip to Germany, the shop said Arturia guaranteed their next delivery would be the next day so they sold me their only one which they were holding... I really wonder if they did get their shipment after all.
‹‡›
adhmzaiusz

Postby fh991586 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:18 am

I'm starting to wonder how many of you who got one actually were on a waiting list? Looks like you all bypassed the legit customers who are still rightfully waiting for theirs... :whistle:
Just kidding, but still, I'd hate to be waiting for one I reserved months ago and read about how you got yours!
-Roland JX3P+PG200, D50+PG1000, Juno 6+106, MKS50/70, JP8080, U220, MVS1, MDC1, MSE1, TR-707
-Korg Poly61M, M1R, MicroKorg, Micro X, Kaossilator/Pro, Monotron X3
-Yamaha DX7, TX816, TX81Z
-Future Retro 777, DSI Mopho, EMU Proteus FX
fh991586

Gear: Too much to handle...

Postby jimtheswede » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:51 am

fh991586 wrote:I'm starting to wonder how many of you who got one actually were on a waiting list? Looks like you all bypassed the legit customers who are still rightfully waiting for theirs... :whistle:
Just kidding, but still, I'd hate to be waiting for one I reserved months ago and read about how you got yours!

I pre-ordered back in early Feb with MF, and got it in late June. No complaints here, but I was one of the first to receive it AFAIK in the US. I will say again - it IS worth the wait!
jimtheswede

Postby Bitexion » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:14 am

I'm one of the first owners in Norway (got mine back in early september), I spent a long time grooming the guys in the store to call me up as soon as they got one in. Also, I'd bought a Yamaha Motif XF6 from them a year earlier, so they knew I could be trusted when I said I'd pay immediately when it arrived. And I did.
Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Roland D-50
Yamaha Motif XF6
Roland Gaia
Alesis Ion
Analogue Systems modular

Postby Zamise » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:21 am

I talked to some Arturia reps a couple weeks ago while they were demoing one at my local GC, they couldn't believe I had one already since the stores here weren't even supposed to have any yet, which apparently is why I got a European instead of an american power plug for the adapter with mine... But anyway they mentioned a couple maybe interesting and or important things.

One was that they said the waits are happening not because of Auturia but because the retail stores are waiting for more of us to pre-order before they put in an order to Auturia for a batch of the synths. Not their exact words, I'm paraphrasing so hope that makes some sense? So you may want to also ask the store how many they have to go before they decide to put in their batch order or something like that while at it. I might be remembering wrong but I thought they said six was like average or that was just the example they gave me.

The second important thing they mentioned was that the prices on the MB are going to go up soon, because they, Auturia wants to purchase a larger factory for making more synths and stuff. How much though I didn't ask in case anyone was wondering, sorry.

Make of that info. what you will, if it holds true or not, they never said it was top secret or keep it to myself, so I'm just passing that along to all of you. Made me think perhaps it might be good to try to get one sooner rather than later if you want one, and get your friends to order one too from the same store, might get there quicker, maybe not.

On a side, they also said the synths are supposed to be tested before they leave the factory, so my first broken one was probably due to getting too roughed up during shipping. They do seem packaged well, but well the way shipping companies treat packages it does not surprise me.

The reps were really nice guys. I was surprised who they were cause I sort of already knew a couple of them. I felt a little bad that they couldn't sell me on it since I already have one. I don't want to drop anybody's names in particular here, but if it helps you or them out any go check out sonicsales.com
Zamise
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: P00
Band: Quantum-Source

Postby volumetrik » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:18 am

why hasn't this wicked synth been added to VSE yet? should have a link on the front page to it :)
volumetrik

Postby GuyaGuy » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:00 am

volumetrik wrote:why hasn't this wicked synth been added to VSE yet? should have a link on the front page to it :)

I decided to go ahead and write one after seeing your post.
I figure it's the least I could do for all the info I've gleaned from those pages.
GuyaGuy
VSE Review Contributor
VSE Review Contributor

Gear: YES PLEASE!

Postby themilford » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:13 am

GuyaGuy wrote:
volumetrik wrote:why hasn't this wicked synth been added to VSE yet? should have a link on the front page to it :)

I decided to go ahead and write one after seeing your post.
I figure it's the least I could do for all the info I've gleaned from those pages.

Sure would like to see this review...
themilford

Gear: Oberheim SYSTEM: OB8, DSX, DX, Moog Taurus 3, Fender Bass IV LH (CS), Fender Jazzmaster LH ('65), Minimoog Model D. Korg DW8000, Crumar Trilogy
Band: Season Finale

Postby markustg » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:20 pm

I got my MiniBrute from Sweetwater. It took 5 weeks to come in, but Sweetwater was great.

Um, this thing is absolutly incredible. It really gets you deep into crafting sounds and I have to say the quality of the build is 1st rate. Amazing sounds for $500.

I posted a quick review on the Sweetwater webiste FYI and Use. Also Mark Doty has some 1st rate video's on the mini-brute on Youtube IMO.
markustg
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

PreviousNext

Return to General Synthesizers