Ifrasonic quartet interface

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.

Ifrasonic quartet interface

Postby guerra_intima » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:01 pm

Hey people, I'm new at this forum and to synthesis in general and I find the threads and discussions in the page really interesting. ;) I recently got the Infrasonic quartet inteface to record and I would like to get some feedback about it, considering my "starting homestudio" factor. I don't really have comparison parameters because I don't know yet many other soundcards and I would like to know if the preamp is good (from my experience until now, I think it is) and all that stuff. Anyone has it or had it? how did you find it? On the other hand, sometimes I feel it starts to make noise and it shouldn't, so I usually need to put latency at 512 (being 64 the lowest and 2048 the highest), even if it is to work with light proyects or few plugins. Is that common? :?

cheers and sorry for my poor english, I'm from Argentina and I do what I can :)
guerra_intima

Advertisement:

Re: Ifrasonic quartet interface

Postby meatballfulton » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:37 pm

The size of the buffers in audio interfaces is related to the computer you are using, the OS you are running and the audio drivers that came with the interface.

To me, low latency would be 64 samples with no cracks and pops. However, it's not uncommon to need 128 or 256 sample buffer sizes. This is only important when you are playing software instruments in real time, when mixing down or step sequencing the latency from high buffer sizes really doesn't matter much.

if you are running Windows, you could try using ASIO4All instead of the standard drivers, it's freeware that often gives superior results to factory drivers.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Motif XF6, Evolver, Live 9

Re: Ifrasonic quartet interface

Postby guerra_intima » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:22 am

meatballfulton wrote:The size of the buffers in audio interfaces is related to the computer you are using, the OS you are running and the audio drivers that came with the interface.

To me, low latency would be 64 samples with no cracks and pops. However, it's not uncommon to need 128 or 256 sample buffer sizes. This is only important when you are playing software instruments in real time, when mixing down or step sequencing the latency from high buffer sizes really doesn't matter much.

if you are running Windows, you could try using ASIO4All instead of the standard drivers, it's freeware that often gives superior results to factory drivers.

great advice man, I was using ASIO4ALL but my production teacher said that i didn't need it since I had the new drivers, I didn't really think they would work better... I'll give it a try, thank you very much
guerra_intima

Return to Sound Production