Yamaha TX16W getting started problems.. HELP!??!

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Yamaha TX16W getting started problems.. HELP!??!

Postby Uptight Beats » Fri May 10, 2013 1:21 pm

Hi.
I bought the Yamaha TX16W with Typhoon 2000. I have worked with Reason in many years so my hardware skills isnt the best. I know how to use an MPC 2000xl and how to sample on a S9000 but thats all of my hareware knowledge.

Ive been going through the manual for the Yamaha TX16W itself and the manual "Typhoon 2000 Yamaha TX16W".
I feel like the biggest noob out there. I have nothing on how to work this thing.
I dont know what Perform Select, System Setup, Perform Edit etc is. My english is like "hi im from sweden", but its not that bad i just need a little push on how this works =)

I dont really understand how to see the files on a disk.
One of the most interresting things is that i dont know how to trigger a single sound.
I know how to sample through the Sample input on the front, but where is it saved when i have saved it. How can i filter it etc...And cant i listen to the sample afterwards with a button just like on the Akai S9000?
Is it hard to plug in a MPD32 w/midi or just an old school midi-keyboard? I have tested that with MPD32, with no positive reaction. The manual gives my no feedback on that.

The biggest reason of bying it was to get the 12-bit depth on the samples i use. (A question is if you really need to record it on the disk for the sound to be 12-bit? or can i just have the sound running through and recording that in my computer to get the 12-bit grit?)

I have tryed to get this to work as i want to. Now after 3 days, im stuck. I dont know if anyone has a "better/newer" manual or know if there is some sort of tutorials on this machine/typhoon.

I know its alot of questions but im kinda stranded on this one =/
Uptight Beats

Advertisement:

Re: Yamaha TX16W getting started problems.. HELP!??!

Postby Stab Frenzy » Sat May 11, 2013 2:38 am

Uptight Beats wrote:The biggest reason of bying it was to get the 12-bit depth on the samples i use. (A question is if you really need to record it on the disk for the sound to be 12-bit? or can i just have the sound running through and recording that in my computer to get the 12-bit grit?)

What do your ears tell you? Does it sound like you want it to when you just run it through the sample input?
Stab Frenzy

Gear: Octatrack, Analog Four, Eurorack, Minibrute, Ultranova, many FX

Postby madtheory » Sat May 11, 2013 11:00 pm

Typhoon was developed by a Swedish company so there must be a Swedish manual? To get the sound of this sampler you need to actually sample with it. The converters are pretty good so won't give you anything worthwhile. It's the transposing that gives the grit, plus use of rates less than 33kHz. This is not a warm sounding machine, more crystalline. It's great, especially for drums via the individual outs. Very quick to use once you figure it out, and very flexible modulation. The filter is crap though.
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Fabreeze, Buck Owens Moog, Korg Warlock 9000, Roland Sultan of Brunei, Moog Ribald Cat.
Band: madtheory

Postby max badwan » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:43 am

there is an English manual, from memory it was at www.nuedge.net
max badwan

Gear: T1, XV 5080, JV 2080, VariOS (VC1), S 760, MKS 7/50/70, EX 8000, Poly 800, K 5000s, K 1000PX, K 1000GX, Mirage
Logic, Cubase, Reason

Return to HELP!