How to Sequence a Korg PolySix?

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

How to Sequence a Korg PolySix?

Postby thinkingbeat » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:14 am

Hi Folks,

I just got a Doepfer Dark Time and the first synth I wanted to try it out with is my good ol' PolySix. There's a CV Input for the filter cutoff (VCF In), but I can't figure out the input for controlling the VCO. There are inputs for Chord Memory and Arpeggiator, but those haven't worked, at least connecting from the Gate Out on the Dark Time.

Thoughts, anyone?
thinkingbeat

Gear: Korg Polysix, Waldorf Micro Q, Roland JP-8000, Korg Prophecy, Waldorf Nave

Advertisement:

Re: How to Sequence a Korg PolySix?

Postby Z » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:39 am

You cannot sequence a PolySix without a MIDI retrofit. The Arpeggiator input to sync the Arpeggiator to a pulse trigger from an early sequencer or drum machine. Not sure about the Chord Memory input, I've never used it.

One fun thing you can do, is create a sequence on the Dark Time and send that CV signal to the PS-6's VCF input for some rhythmic filter fun.
Z
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Bubble wrap, Styrofoam, boxes, packing tape

Postby thinkingbeat » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:46 am

Z wrote:You cannot sequence a PolySix without a MIDI retrofit. The Arpeggiator input to sync the Arpeggiator to a pulse trigger from an early sequencer or drum machine. Not sure about the Chord Memory input, I've never used it.

One fun thing you can do, is create a sequence on the Dark Time and send that CV signal to the PS-6's VCF input for some rhythmic filter fun.

Bummer, but good to put my mind to rest, at least...

So, for the fun thing you mentioned - Just send from CV Out on the Dark Time to VCF In? And then play the P6 keyboard??? Not sure what you mean by rhythmic filter fun...
thinkingbeat

Gear: Korg Polysix, Waldorf Micro Q, Roland JP-8000, Korg Prophecy, Waldorf Nave

Postby analoglsd » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:43 am

thinkingbeat wrote:
Z wrote:You cannot sequence a PolySix without a MIDI retrofit. The Arpeggiator input to sync the Arpeggiator to a pulse trigger from an early sequencer or drum machine. Not sure about the Chord Memory input, I've never used it.

Bummer, but good to put my mind to rest, at least...

So, for the fun thing you mentioned - Just send from CV Out on the Dark Time to VCF In? And then play the P6 keyboard??? Not sure what you mean by rhythmic filter fun...

Just do what Z said, as well as: set the filter cutoff at about half way, and the resonance the same, hold down a chord, and you'll find out what he's talking about.
analoglsd
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Eurorack vs. MPC1000
Band: USAforLSD

Postby thinkingbeat » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:37 am

analoglsd wrote:Just do what Z said, as well as: set the filter cutoff at about half way, and the resonance the same, hold down a chord, and you'll find out what he's talking about.

I just tried it, and I'm afraid I don't hear a difference.
thinkingbeat

Return to HELP!