semi faulty Pulse width on roland sh101

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

semi faulty Pulse width on roland sh101

Postby squatski » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:56 pm

ok I tried this other forum but no one knew/cared.
basically, this 101 which is now out of my hands... the friend who has it might be able to fix it him self as long as it's nothing too techy and whipping out a soldering iron.

Basically, the pulse width didn't get narrow enough... compared to my MC202 it only got to about half of what it should have. Under the hood I found a potentiometer around the middle. but after adjesting it, it didn't make it thinner and eventually after still turning it just clicked and went back to full square again so either I got the wrong potentiometer or something else bad has happened.
squatski

Advertisement:

Re: semi faulty Pulse width on roland sh101

Postby plus321 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:08 pm

Here's a link to the service manual. Just undo what you did and find the pw trimmer and adjust it.

http://www.synthfool.com/docs/Roland/SH ... icemanual/
plus321

Re: semi faulty Pulse width on roland sh101

Postby squatski » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:29 pm

plus321 wrote:Here's a link to the service manual. Just undo what you did and find the pw trimmer and adjust it.

http://www.synthfool.com/docs/Roland/SH ... icemanual/

thanks. But I remember finding that PW trimmer and it all it didn't adjest the pulsewidth to the thinner sound than I should be. Is there maybe 2 PW trimmers? I'll ask my friend to open her up and look
squatski

Return to HELP!