Auto Multitracking monophonics with vst voice allocators

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.

Auto Multitracking monophonics with vst voice allocators

Postby Solderman » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:05 am

I haven't actually tried this yet, but noticed there is a voice allocator vst plugin from the XHIP website called Notelogic for routing monophonic outputs to midi tracks from a polyphonic midi input. Is there an easier way to do this, say already built in to a DAW, that I just haven't noticed? Mostly just concerned because the above vst plugin is beta.

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analogue. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." - Brian Eno
Solderman
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: μbrute, Kraftzwerg v1, CS15(mod), Поливокс(mod), SEM Pro, SH101(mod), TR606(mod), ESQ1, Virus b

Advertisement:

Re: Auto Multitracking monophonics with vst voice allocators

Postby Stab Frenzy » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:08 am

I just do it manually, copying the tracks and then deleting the notes I don't want in each track. It's not automatic but it doesn't take too long.
Stab Frenzy

Gear: Octatrack, Analog Four, Eurorack, Minibrute, Ultranova, many FX

Re: Auto Multitracking monophonics with vst voice allocators

Postby meatballfulton » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:24 pm

If you have Ableton Live and Max For Live, there is PolyMono. It's for tracking, not real time playing.

I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Motif XF6, Evolver, Live 9

Return to Sound Production