Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.
Anyone have any info specifically about reverb units italo disco producers were using in the mid 80s?
Also hmu w/ quality studio pics from Milan / Rimini of that era
- Active Member
- Posts: 380
- Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:33 pm
- Location: The Mind Dimension
- Real name: Zakarias
- Gear: Elektron Machinedrum UW+, GEM S2, Roland S-760, Korg SDD-3300, Kawai Q-80, Yamaha TG-77, Yamaha 01x, Adam A7s, Logic Studio, Reaktor 5
- Band: Romeo Alfa
Silent Circle's album (from 1986) used the "Lexicon 480L".
Which particular Italo Disco albums and songs did you have in mind?
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:55 pm
You can probably refer to Paolo Di Nicolantonio's (SynthMania) Italo Disco
and Quick Tips
series on youtube. He displays a fair amount of authentic gear for the genre there.
I don't like the drums, but the drums like me!
- Supporting Member!
- Posts: 287
- Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:26 am
- Location: Siberia
- Real name: Victor
- Gear: Blofeld, Formanta (EMS01, Maestro, Mini), Fusion 8HD, JD800, Morpheus, MP7, Plugiator, TG77, TOM1501, TR626, UltraProteus, V-Synth XT
- Band: ROBOPOP
Anyone wanting the sound of the 480L who records to a DAW would be advised to check out Valhalla Vintage Verb. Don't be put off by the fact the UI isn't a 3D rendering of some vintage hardware, this thing sounds amazing. And only $50 with a demo version so you can try before you buy, what's not to love?http://www.valhalladsp.com/valhallavintageverb
- Posts: 9643
- Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:41 pm
- Location: monster island*
- Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX
Yeah, there's some good new Native Instruments versions of those old Lexicons too.
- Synth Explorer
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:26 am
- Location: Australia
- Gear: V-Synth, and other stuff...
Return to Sound Production
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest