Roland MC 303 Groovebox downtempo electronica

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.

Roland MC 303 Groovebox downtempo electronica

Postby acemonvw » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:50 pm

My newest in the series of MC-303 groovebox songs! Hope you enjoy it! :D

Song: In lonely admiration

Also tested out my new fisheye lens!

Watch on youtube.com
acemonvw

Advertisement:

Re: Roland MC 303 Groovebox downtempo electronica

Postby optimus prime » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:06 pm

Damn, this machine gets me every time. So simple, yet so charming. There's something sweet about those string sounds, and the mix just sounds natural (unlike the EMX which can't help but sound muffled).

As for the track, I can't say that I enjoyed it as much as some of the stuff you posted earlier, probably because I'm not that into these downtempo/trip-hop/chillout vibes. Good work nevertheless.
optimus prime

Gear: Alesis MMT8, Casio CZ-101, Korg ER-1 mkII, Korg Poly-800, Roland D-20, Roland TR-626, Yamaha DX-100, Yamaha SU-10

Postby acemonvw » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:13 pm

Ah, no worries. Thanks for watching/listening anyway. I needed a good reason to test out my new lens on my camera. This song seemed to fit the bill perfectly because it just had a 50's sci-fi feel to it.

I really like the sounds I can pull out of the 303. I don't know why, but they really do sound organic and 'analog-y' though they're very far from it.

Of course, I can't stand the MC series after the 303 (though haven't used the 505). I hate the saving mechanisms in them, and the sounds just hurt my ears.

As you put it... simple and charming. Two of the best adjectives for the MC-303.

Take care :D
acemonvw

Postby tomorrowstops » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:52 pm

Wow that was great. I dig the change around the 3 minute mark!
tomorrowstops
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby acemonvw » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:02 pm

Ah, thanks so much!

The frustrating thing about that part of the song was that I was SUPPOSED to mute/unmute all parts, but my stupid 303 doesn't do a good job of actually switching most parts, so some sounds stayed in and others were not introduced properly. By this point in the night, I had already re-recorded this video about 20 times... and decided that what I got this time was what I got. Oh well!

Thanks for checking it out!
acemonvw

Return to The Listening Lounge