The forgotten odyssey... Access Virus TI, Korg Radias

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.

The forgotten odyssey... Access Virus TI, Korg Radias

Postby acemonvw » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:06 pm

Inspired by my new Fisheye lens, the movie Europa Report, and that overwhelming sense of the vastness/emptiness/loneliness of space... I wrote this piece. I hope you enjoy, it's mostly an ambient piece, so throw it on in the background.

Watch on youtube.com
acemonvw

Advertisement:

Re: The forgotten odyssey... Access Virus TI, Korg Radias

Postby optimus prime » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:47 pm

Nice pads, very large sounding. Is the stereo achieved through effects or in synthesis?

Also, since you mentioned that movie (which I haven't seen or heard about until now), I have to plug my contribution to the theme: http://optimusprime.bandcamp.com/album/europa

Is the movie any good?
optimus prime

Gear: Alesis MMT8, Casio CZ-101, Korg ER-1 mkII, Korg Poly-800, Roland D-20, Roland TR-626, Yamaha DX-100, Yamaha SU-10

Postby tomorrowstops » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:55 pm

Awwwwwwwesome!
tomorrowstops
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby antilles » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:29 pm

Very nice sounding!
antilles

Gear: Virus C, String Melody II, Triton, MS-20, M1, Bass Station Rack, JX-8P, Juno-60, Paraphonic 505, SH-09, VK-09, JD-800, JD-990, Pro One, SY-1, TX81Z
Band: Antilles

Postby acemonvw » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:40 pm

Hey thanks guys! Much appreciated!

@ Optimus Prime, I think it's mostly through effects, but I'll take a closer look at the settings I have it patched to tonight. It was heavy on the reverb and that was probably most of it (the internal effects are pretty amazing on the Virus!).

I really liked the movie. At first it was extremely confusing and there are some annoying parts and people do stupid things in it... but when it was all said and done I gave it a 4 out of 5 stars. My girlfriend gave it a 3.5 out of 5.

Thanks for the link. My favorite piece of yours so far was "Seasons", but I haven't listened through it all yet!!! We definitely chose different vibes for the sound, haha, but that's a good thing. I probably got the slow pad sound and the vastness of space from the movie, "The Black Hole". I watched that a lot as a kid. The score was done by John Barry.
acemonvw

Postby acemonvw » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:48 pm

Optimus, I went to download your music, and I can't buy it... I can only download it for free. Where's the fun in supporting other artists? Anyway, it's a great album. I also shared it on my artist page on facebook. :D
acemonvw

Postby optimus prime » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:59 pm

acemonvw wrote:Optimus, I went to download your music, and I can't buy it... I can only download it for free. Where's the fun in supporting other artists? Anyway, it's a great album. I also shared it on my artist page on facebook. :D

Wow, thanks :) The trouble with Bandcamp is that it only supports PayPal for payment, and you can't make a Premier or Business account from my country (there are workarounds which I've never bothered with). I'm a bit uncomfortable with selling my music anyway :) Thanks again for the kind words, it's the thought that counts. :)
optimus prime

Gear: Alesis MMT8, Casio CZ-101, Korg ER-1 mkII, Korg Poly-800, Roland D-20, Roland TR-626, Yamaha DX-100, Yamaha SU-10

Postby acemonvw » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:43 pm

Ah, well... you deserve way more praise than you seem to be getting. I honestly find it depressing to know how many excellent artists are out there, making amazing music... but never getting recognized. The theme seems to play nicely with the concept of my song actually.
acemonvw

Return to The Listening Lounge