Roland MC-80EX vs E-MU 2500 command module.

A forum for comparing two or more synths against each other. Also known as "versus" threads.

Roland MC-80EX vs E-MU 2500 command module.

Postby the synthman » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:41 pm

Hi people I'm new to the forum. Basically, I'm looking for which of these has the better and easier to use sequencer. Must also be pattern based with looped recording mode. Built in sounds not so important. Si does anyine have any working knowledge if these two sequencer models?

Thanks.
the synthman

Advertisement:

Re: Roland MC-80EX vs E-MU 2500 command module.

Postby elsquirrel » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:34 pm

Never used either, but looking at the 2500 I'm assuming it's a lot like the command stations in terms of sequencing, which are very capable sequencers. You can switch between recording modes without stopping so it would work well for looped based sequencing. If the 2500 is same or better than the command stations do a search there's plenty of info on the sequencing sound/engine of them. A while back I was looking around for an mc-80 but never found one locally and lost interest. On paper the look pretty featured. I remember reading that some people had issues with the timing of sequences when they were looped. You might want to look into that. Or it could be just a myth.
elsquirrel

Re: Roland MC-80EX vs E-MU 2500 command module.

Postby the synthman » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:14 pm

Hi thanks. I've read reviews of both and checked on various forums about them and for ease of useing the sequencer, the E-mu seems to be ahead of the roland. Also, again the E-mu has it in the ease of editing the in built sounds and adjusting the volume of sounds in a pattern via the control on its front panal. The Roland looks like it could be a bit of a pain to set volume in a pattern because of the lack of any front panel controls. I had a ensoniq vfx-sd and sd1and the sequncer on them was really easy to use and that's what im looking for in a stand alone hardware sequencer!.....just to ad, I've been offered a MC-80EX with a built in zip drive, scsi board fitted, & external hard drive and for €180.
the synthman

Return to Synth Shootouts