Roland's Super MRC Operating System

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Roland's Super MRC Operating System

Postby zenmasterd » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:17 am

I recently acquired a Roland MC-500 along with a binder of disks the previous owner had. I booted it up with the provided system disk, which to my surprise showed up as Version 0.1! I couldn't find any information about Super MRC older than

I've been searching around for other versions of the OS. I found one on Roland's site, but unsure which version that is. I've seen 2.0 for download on some sites but nothing of the nature of a changelog or description of the different versions is to be found anywhere, at least from what I've searched.

I also saw some vague writing while searching the Yahoo group about upgrading Super MRC boards but to the best of my knowledge it's all contained on a floppy, not on onboard ROM?

I'll do some testing when I have time to mess with writing to 720kb floppies but for now any knowledge anyone might have about Super MRC would be greatly appreciated :)
zenmasterd

Gear: Audacity
FruityLoops
Turntable

Advertisement:

Re: Roland's Super MRC Operating System

Postby Voodoo Ray » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:47 am

I've got an MC-500 MkII with 2.00. Yes it's all on floppy as far as I know.
Voodoo Ray

Gear:
Akai
Waldorf
Roland
Yamaha

Re: Roland's Super MRC Operating System

Postby zenmasterd » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:46 pm

There isn't anything like an ~official changelog~ floating around somewhere, is there? I am mostly curious to know if the Version 0.1 I have is an uncommon find. I still plan on backing up the disk and making an image of it just in case.
zenmasterd

Gear: Audacity
FruityLoops
Turntable

Return to General Synthesizers