richradio2001 wrote:Hi all,
I'm looking to spend money on a new synth and think I'm looking at anything up to £2000. Currently I'm liking the look of the Access Virus TI2, however, having done some reading around it I find it is now 4 years old - think it was released in 2009. I've therefore a few questions relating to this:
1. Does anyone think this keyboard is still worth the £1950 that it still sells for?
2. Does anyone know if Access are planning to release a new version soon - have they really not released anything for 4 years?
3. Would anyone recommend anything else other than this keyboard that sits within my budget? Relating to this:
- I particularly like virtual analogue sounds and like the ability to create sounds.
- I'm not a big fan of pressing buttons - one of the reasons I prefer the dial/knob UI rather than the LCD UI.
- I like dirty sounds - really like contrasting dirty with smooth/shiny sounds - the ability to do both would be great.
- I'd like to think anything I buy would be a keeper....
Any thoughts, ideas, help - greatly appreciated!!!
I have the TI2 Polar and TI2 Desktop here. Well worth the money IMO. You want BIG sounds and all the above you mention then this synth will do you for all of that. I read forums about soft synths sounding like the Virus but nothing does TBH.. anyone saying otherwise are clearly plain stupid. The Polar or 61 note KB is nearly £2k and the desktop around £1300, if you have a midi KB then the desktop is a great choice saving quite a bit cash you can put toward something else. Also you could consider the TI Snow, only 4 parts in the VC and half the DSP but still, this will get you the sounds you want.
Its quite and investment but well worth it, i can't see any new TI models coming before 2015, i already spoke to the developers who were hush hush but they say nothing next year (2014) is planned.
If you don't want the Virus control software then shop for a Virus B or C they're also a great buy!
Did you consider a Novation Supernova II ? I have these too and although 13yrs old are top sounding synths and i just seen one come up on Ebay for £550, i'd be all over it if i didn't already own one.
All the best