Akai s5000 / s6000

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Akai s5000 / s6000

Postby Bloodonmyface » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:00 pm

Anyone can help me out with an akai s5000. I can do everything pretty easy on it except what I bought it for which is to have a sample span across the keyboard ( say a generic triangle wave ) and be able to mess with the filter,resonance etc. I can edit these parameters in the program menu but I can't get them to apply to the sample and its getting pretty frustrating. If anyone can help please give me any advice. Thanks in advance.
Bloodonmyface

Advertisement:

Re: Akai s5000 / s6000

Postby Steve Jones » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:25 am

Put your sample into a program, create a single layer and span your sample across as many octaves as you require and then edit the program.
Synthesizer service tech since 1982.
Synth parts and service, Sydney Australia.

http://www.synthrepairs.com
Steve Jones

Postby Bloodonmyface » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:37 pm

Thanks or replying! No issues playing samples, or fumbling thru basic editing. But in the program menu, the filters/res/envolopes don't do anything. I can change the values, but in the program menu sounds dont play and when I exit no parameter changes will apply. On YouTube there is a vid of someone adjusting the filter in real time, which I haven't been able to do.
Bloodonmyface

Postby Steve Jones » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:27 am

Make sure that you have selected the correct keygroup for editing.

Steve Jones

Postby slippy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:07 am

Ok I'll mess with the key group options. What exactly is it suppose to be set to? Iv have no experience with what a key group is to be honest. Is it in layman terms " c1 to d2 " ?
Thanks for the advice so far.
slippy

Postby Steve Jones » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:02 am

slippy wrote:Ok I'll mess with the key group options. What exactly is it suppose to be set to? Iv have no experience with what a key group is to be honest. Is it in layman terms " c1 to d2 " ?
Thanks for the advice so far.

Do you have access to an owners manual? It is important to understand how the S5000 operating system handles and classifies samples in the context of keygroups and programs so that you can work out which level of the operating system you need to be in to get the specific result that you seek. Because of the immense polyphony and the sheer number of samples that you can have in RAM at a given time the machine is very hierarchical so it's really helpful to put a few hours aside with the manual so that you aren't floundering.

Steve Jones

Postby gcoudert » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:23 pm

If you want the parameters to affect all the samples in your Program, select "KEYGRP: 1" (top right-hand side key - you may have to click it twice), then click "EDIT: SINGLE", which will then change to "EDIT: ALL". Click "CLOSE MENU". All the changes you make will now affect all the samples in the currently selected Program.

Hope this helps.
Gilles C.
gcoudert

Gear: Roland JP-50, R8, JV1080 + Orchestral & Vintage Synth cards, Akai S5000, CME UF8, Fender Telecaster, Korg AX3000G.

Return to HELP!