Kawai K5000S display problem

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Kawai K5000S display problem

Postby Yod801 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:53 am

Hello,

I'm having a problem with my K5000S. A mate was at my place yesterday who had a go on the synth. He was trying to load new sound banks into the synth for about 10mins and I didn't really have the impression he knew what he was doing. Anyways, the display ended up being blank. When I repower the synth the welcome screen is still shown but then screen just turns blank (is still lit but absolutely shows nothing).

Then I read on some fan page in the depths of Google results, that this is a known problem occuring often and the synth just needs a reset, which is apparantly done by copying the system file to a floppy disk formatted by the K5000S itself, inserting it to the synth's drive and pressing F2 while powering up. And that's my problem: I don't have such a disk and it won't work on a Windows formatted disk.

Could someone verify, that a system reset will solve my problem and eventually send such a floppy disk formatted by the K5000S to me? I'm willing to paypal whatever it costs sending the disk to me (living in Germany).

Any help is appreciated
Yod801

Advertisement:

Re: Kawai K5000S display problem

Postby Yod801 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:13 am

Actually trying with Windows formatted disks (which worked for loading soundbanks) it says "File In? Error 08h" while holding F2
Yod801

Postby Yod801 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:43 am

Problem fixed.

I reformatted the disk in Windows, copied the system file onto it and suddenly the synth was accepting the disk.

Display is working properly again
Yod801

Postby cornutt » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:31 pm

Good show. I'm thinking we need a sticky, listing for various synths: (1) how to do a factory reset, (2) how to put it in test mode.
Switches, knobs, buttons, LEDs, LCD screens, monitors, keys, mice, jacks, sockets. Now two joysticks!
cornutt

Gear: 6th

Return to HELP!