Midi Controlled Trance Gate Plugin?

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.

Midi Controlled Trance Gate Plugin?

Postby Dennis » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:18 am

I'm looking for a plugin which would work as an audio insert and create a gated effect using midi signal.
I'm using Cubase 5.

There was one called spark fxmachine, but its not available anymore.

Thanks
Dennis

Advertisement:

Re: Midi Controlled Trance Gate Plugin?

Postby Nistegmos » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:14 pm

You might be able to get the same effect using a NoiseGate VST that has a key input (sidechain). Send a drum machine pattern of your choice into the key input and it should open the gate rhythmically in a similar fashion when set up correctly. It's not as easy to do with software as with hardware though.
Nistegmos

Gear: Alesis M1 Active 320 USB Monitors/Interface; Alesis Q49 USB MIDI Controller; Reaper; FL Studio; Harmor; Vember Surge; Toxic Biohazard; freewares.
Band: Nystagmus

Postby Dennis » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:23 am

Nistegmos wrote:You might be able to get the same effect using a NoiseGate VST that has a key input (sidechain). Send a drum machine pattern of your choice into the key input and it should open the gate rhythmically in a similar fashion when set up correctly. It's not as easy to do with software as with hardware though.

Thanks, that's a pretty smart approach, unfortunately none of my noisegates have the sidechain option, which is a letdown.

But I did find this little thing: http://puu.sh/6ezdw
Very simple plugin, but really effective. Use it as an insert on an audio track and use a midi track output to control it.

Thanks, sorry for the late reply
-Dennis
Dennis

Postby Cerebral Infect » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:35 am

I though Cubase plugin Midigate could do that.... and is already included in the Cubase basic effects.
Minimoog Voyager, Pulse 2, MS-20 Mini, Bass Station 2, Virus TI,DSI Mek, DSI Prophet 08, Nord Modular G2, Future Retro XS, KP-3, x0xb0x, MB-6582, Sammich FM, Juno 106, S90ES, Er-1, TX81Z, DM10X e-drums, Rocktron Banshee. Dr-110 and 2 lava lamps
Cerebral Infect

Return to Software Synthesizers