Elka Synthex Sequencer issue

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Elka Synthex Sequencer issue

Postby LakeStoneKarl » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:55 pm

I am working on an Elka Synthex, and everything seems to be working except the sequencer playback.

It looks like the sequencer is accepting data. During RECORD, I can see the MIDI note data, and the sequencer eventually stops recording, indicating that the sequence memory is being filled.

To begin playback, I press the READY key and the sequence button, then when I press one of the "start" keys (low octave of keyboard) the processor steals a voice channel, leaving only 7 for live keys. If I attempt to start all 4 sequences, the processor steals 4 channels, leaving only 4 for live keys.

But no sound is produced, and no MIDI data is being transmitted.

Also noted, during the STEP MODE WRITE operation, if I press DELETE to remove the most recent note, the entire WRITE process is terminated.

Anyone out there in synth land have any good guesses?
LakeStoneKarl

Advertisement:

Re: Elka Synthex Sequencer issue

Postby LakeStoneKarl » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:52 pm

OK, we got it sorted out. The memory chips were not getting a chip select signal due to an error in the battery backup circuit!
LakeStoneKarl

Return to HELP!